Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn Review
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
Bernat Maker Home Dec is a bulky weight, cotton blend, tubular yarn. Working with it feels like crocheting or knitting with your favorite cotton t-shirt – except that this t-shirt is not only soft but has nylon in it (28%) so it doesn’t stretch too much. And, unlike working with a t-shirt yarn, Bernat Maker Home Dec is sealed off as a tube, giving it a cushy feel.
Each ball is a generous 8.8 oz (250 g) and 317 yards (290 m). Bernat Maker Home Dec is available in 16 coordinating colors, including 8 solids and 8 variegated yarns. It’s an easy care yarn that can be machine washed and dried at low temperatures.
Projects in Bernat Maker Home Dec work up quickly since it’s a bulky (#5) yarn. The recommended hook size is US L-11/8 mm and the recommended needle size is US 11/8 mm. I found that using the recommended hook size gave my project a nice drape. I happened to be working on a project during a heat wave but was comfortable because the yarn is soft and breathable. Unlike working with a 100% cotton yarn, where you can sometimes feel it stretching out while you are working your stitches, this tubular yarn has a bit of memory. It has really nice stitch definition, which some tubular yarns do not.
I would recommend it for a variety of home décor items including bathroom projects, blankets, and pillows. I think it would also be great for plush toys and transitional weather accessories like hats and scarves for spring or fall because it is so soft but not too heavy. Bernat Maker Home Dec is an ideal yarn for any project that will come close to the skin.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are looking for easy Christmas wreaths to make, The Cutest Christmas Wreath You Have Ever Seen is the perfect craft for you.… Continue reading: "The Cutest Christmas Wreath You Have Ever Seen"
- Enter to win Westcott Holidazed Scissors!
- Christmas Chipboard Albums from FabScraps
- Enter to win Wow! Embossing Powder!
- Chance to win the "May Good Things Grow" Subscription Box!
- Chance to win an Arabesque Tree Skirt Pattern!
- Red Heart Baby TLC and Plush Baby Yarn
- Baker's Cotton
- Win a Holiday Ribbon Assortment!
- Lion Brand Artisan Gift Wrap
- Win Deco Foil Transfer Adhesive!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fall Simmering Potpourri Recipe
- Printable Halloween Word Search
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Joyful Holiday Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Miniature Christmas Crochet Hat
- Super Easy Crochet Gourds And Pumpkins
- Crochet Snow Globe Amigurumi
- DIY Shawl Witchy Crochet Pattern
- Witchy Crochet Cape Pattern
- Printable Halloween Word Scramble
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts