Bernat Softee Baby Chunky Yarn Review
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Bernat Softee Baby Chunky Yarn
Gifted by: Yarnspirations
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
As I find myself standing in the yarn aisle, I am literally staring blankly trying to figure out what yarn I want to get. I always have multiple crochet baby patterns in mind when looking for yarn, but I never have a color palette decided before entering the store. Another thing I struggle with is what type of yarn to go with for each project. If I make a blanket for winter, I would want something big and bulky, yet a fine weight yarn would look beautiful in a fun color scheme. Sure enough, since the fall season is here my eye is drawn toward a chunky yarn, Bernat Softee Baby Chunky.
Yarnspirations is constantly coming out with beautiful new yarn lines and this one is fabulous. Softee Baby Chunky is 100% acrylic and soft to the touch. Because it's a bulky weight yarn, it's easy to work with and works up quickly. The size of the skein varies depending if it's a solid or a variegated; solids are 5 oz and variegated are 4.25 oz. You can machine wash and dry your project when using this yarn.
Now I know what you're thinking: "I'm still standing in the aisle without a clue of what color to pick." I'm not going to be very helpful here, but I will tell you Softee Baby Chunky comes in a wide variety of colors including: Buttercup, Indigo, You Go Girl, Beach Baby, Jungle Jive, Tutu Pink, Surf Green, Pattycake, Candy Apple Red, and Dragon Green just to name a few. With names like these it's no wonder you should make this yarn your next favorite.
Who would you make a blanket for?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Snowman Silverware Holders
- Chance to win Westcott Titanium Bonded Scissors!
- Jingle Bells Bonbons Yarn
- #Summer Scrapbook Collection Pack
- Christmas Yarn Collection Pack
- Enter to win a Portable Color Me Calm Coloring Kit!
- Enter to win the Yes, Please Boxed Cards!
- Enter to win Wow! Embossing Powder!
- Enter to win the American Crafts Party Pack!
- Chance to win LePlume Brush Lettering Markers!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Santa French Bulldog
- Christmas Reindeer
- Printable Christmas Alphabet
- Paper Holly Decoration
- C2c Snowman Hat Washcloth
- Diy Candle Holder Gift In A Jar
- Balsam Gnomes Quilt
- Owl Sweater Wreath
- Printable Paper Dolls
- Printable Box Template For Christmas
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts