Lion Brand Holiday Homespun Yarn
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
If you haven't had a chance to work with Holiday Homespun Yarn by Lion Brand then you are missing out. It is by far the smoothest, softest, and most cuddly yarn I've ever run my fingers through! I love working with bulky yarn, no matter what time of year it is, so I immediately knew I would enjoy this yarn, but I also love the look of the strands themselves; they almost have that braided look to them.
Homespun is spun with a ply of metallic silver and gold and adds just the right amount of sparkle. Holiday Homespun comes in two palettes of Victorian and Traditional bright holiday colors, allowing you to work up the perfect holiday crafts and decor. From wreaths, to hats and scarves to afghans, you're going to love this yarn. Only want to use a little bit? Work up a tiny Christmas bauble to hang from the tree.
This yarn is 98% acrylic and 2% metallic polyester. You can machine wash it, but the initial water temperature should not exceed 40C. You can also machine dry at the hottest temperature, but be sure you do not smooth or finish with an iron as that will ruin your product. And with its silky-smooth texture I promise you won't want anything bad happening; it's just too pretty.
Holiday Homespun comes in three colors: Holly (bright scarlet red with metallic gold), Wreath (deep, warm green with metallic gold) and Berry (rich medium red with metallic gold). These colors will surely make your holiday wishes come true and turn your home into the happiest of places. Whether you're looking to make something to decorate the house with or to make something to keep cozy in, there are many ideas you can come up with for this yarn. I especially like the country look of the holiday wreath on the label of the wreath colored yarn. You simply have to wrap the yarn around a styrofoam wreath and work up some berries or balls to decorate it with; it's that simple! This yarn would also look amazing worked as a knit or crocheted stocking to hang above the fireplace.
Not sure where to start with your festivities this holiday season? Start with Holiday Homespun!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Chance to Win a Set of DecoArt Americana Premium Matte Acrylic Paint
Enter to win Valentine Stamp Sets!
11 Top Products for Easy Holiday Crafts
Fiskars Cuts+More Scissors
Enter to win the Yes, Please Boxed Cards!
Chance to Win a Set of Wooden Gift Tags
Kringle and Co. Kit from American Crafts
Enter to win a Comfort Detail Craft Knife!
Jingle Bells Bonbons Yarn
American Crafts Glitter Tape
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Party Sweet Box from Sticks
- DIY Changeable Lego Frame
- Pinwheel Square Mini Quilt
- Father’s Day Word Search Printable
- DecoArt Americana Premium Matte Acrylic Paint
- Upcycled Faux Cement Planter
- DIY Upcycle Old Photo Frames to Cute Lantern
- How to Make Lotus in Origami Style: Easy Craft Tutorial
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts