Lion Brand Holiday Homespun Yarn
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
If you haven't had a chance to work with Holiday Homespun Yarn by Lion Brand then you are missing out. It is by far the smoothest, softest, and most cuddly yarn I've ever run my fingers through! I love working with bulky yarn, no matter what time of year it is, so I immediately knew I would enjoy this yarn, but I also love the look of the strands themselves; they almost have that braided look to them.
Homespun is spun with a ply of metallic silver and gold and adds just the right amount of sparkle. Holiday Homespun comes in two palettes of Victorian and Traditional bright holiday colors, allowing you to work up the perfect holiday crafts and decor. From wreaths, to hats and scarves to afghans, you're going to love this yarn. Only want to use a little bit? Work up a tiny Christmas bauble to hang from the tree.
This yarn is 98% acrylic and 2% metallic polyester. You can machine wash it, but the initial water temperature should not exceed 40C. You can also machine dry at the hottest temperature, but be sure you do not smooth or finish with an iron as that will ruin your product. And with its silky-smooth texture I promise you won't want anything bad happening; it's just too pretty.
Holiday Homespun comes in three colors: Holly (bright scarlet red with metallic gold), Wreath (deep, warm green with metallic gold) and Berry (rich medium red with metallic gold). These colors will surely make your holiday wishes come true and turn your home into the happiest of places. Whether you're looking to make something to decorate the house with or to make something to keep cozy in, there are many ideas you can come up with for this yarn. I especially like the country look of the holiday wreath on the label of the wreath colored yarn. You simply have to wrap the yarn around a styrofoam wreath and work up some berries or balls to decorate it with; it's that simple! This yarn would also look amazing worked as a knit or crocheted stocking to hang above the fireplace.
Not sure where to start with your festivities this holiday season? Start with Holiday Homespun!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Summer is coming, which means you'll definitely want to make some DIY pot holders for all the tasty summer dishes and pies you'll be… Continue reading: "Very Easy Potholder Watermelon Craft"
- Chance to Win a Set of DecoArt Americana Premium Matte Acrylic Paint
- Enter to win Valentine Stamp Sets!
- Chillingsworth Manor Scrapbook Collection Kit
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Patons Alpaca Yarn!
- Snowman Silverware Holders
- Chance to win the Brilliant Bowmaker Ultimate Kit!
- Chance to win the Wrapit Loom Professional Series!
- Chance to win Deborah Norville Everyday Baby Yarn!
- Chance to win a Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer!
- Jingle Bells Bonbons Yarn
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lacy Crochet Doily Tablemat
- 42 Things To Do When Planning Your Next Party
- Bead And Wood Patriotic Pendant
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly Craft For Kids
- Make Your Own Rectangle Crochet Basket
- How To Make A Popcorn Crochet Flower
- Fun Printable Camping Bingo For Kids
- Teddy Bear Crochet Basket
- 4th Of July Americana Wreath
- Patriotic Binoculars
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts