29 DIY Outdoor Christmas Decorations for your Ho Ho Home
DIY holiday decor for the outside of your home just got way easier with these Christmas crafts!
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Getting the outside of your home ready for the Christmas season is just as important as decorating the inside of your home. In fact, one could even argue it's more important because it's the first thing your guests will see! Get your family and friends in a cheery and festive mood before they even get inside with these 29 DIY Outdoor Christmas Decorations for your Ho Ho Home. DIY Christmas decorations for the outside are just as fun to make and they'll add some gorgeous seasonal additions to the exterior of your home sure to impress all the neighbors!
Cover your house from head-to-toe in the latest and greatest Christmas decorations that you can make all yourself! Leave no space left untouched by the Christmas spirit with several DIY wreaths to choose from and of course, plenty of outdoor lights for the holiday season. Whether your yard is big or small, you'll find the perfect decoration for your outdoor decor with one of these 29 outdoor Christmas crafts!
Table of Contents
Door Decorating Ideas for the Holidays
When decorating the outside of your home for the holidays, it's always best to start small and simple. Try out these easy homemade wreaths to welcome your guests and the holiday season. These lovely wreaths will bring just the right amount of Christmas cheer to your front door and best of all, you can leave them up all winter long. They're festive and seasonal all in one! You'll find classic holiday wreaths made from pine cones and berries and a gorgeous wreath made from boxwood. If you're looking for something a little different, not to worry! You'll see a unique modern wreath and even a simple pine cone mobile for your front door.
Outdoor Lighted Christmas Decorations
Once you're done finding the perfect door decoration, it's time to make a beautiful light display. Don't go for store-bought Christmas lights when you can make your own that are guaranteed to stand out. Lights are a must for any outdoor Christmas decoration set-up, and these DIY lighted Christmas decorations will bring all your other decorations to life. We've got elegant mason jar lights and cute lanterns for your front porch! We've even included some fun multi-colored globe Christmas lights if you want to add a little color to your holiday decor this year.
DIY Holiday Decor Signs
Outdoor signs are awesome ways to add some festive fun to the exterior of your house. With these eye-catching signs, you'll have people filled with holiday cheer in no time. People are bound to wonder where you got one of these Christmas signs and you can tell them you made it all yourself! Add some rustic holiday charm to your porch with a Christmas wreath sign or make a knock-off Pottery Barn peace sign that looks just like the real deal. Whoever said Christmas decorating is expensive probably never saw these budget-friendly DIY projects that you can make for half the price of store-bought signs.
Homemade Christmas Yard Decorations
Now it's time for the finishing touches! These decorations will bring your outdoor decorations all together for a classy holiday display that no one will believe is completely homemade. Dot your walkway with tabletop Christmas trees or white spray painted Christmas trees that will make visitors feel as if they're walking in a winter wonderland. Take on a larger project with a thrift shop sled and mittens decoration that will nicely complement your holiday lights and your DIY wreath. You'll only need one of these larger decorations to instantly transform your outdoor decor. These yard decorations are festive, fun, and very charming!
Add some simple and whimsical fun to your holiday decor with a fun candy cane decoration! Check out our collection of candy cane crafts here: Candy Cane Lane: 28 DIY Christmas Candy Cane Crafts
What's your favorite outdoor Christmas activity? Let us know in the comments below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Edna from The Incredibles may say "no capes," but we know how much kids love to dress up as superheros for Halloween, so we decided to… Continue reading: "Superhero Cape Patternvideocam"
- Five Dollar Gorgeous Moss Wreath
- Fabulous Toilet Paper Rolls Wreath
- A Little Burlap Love
- Cute as a Button Twine Tree
- Simply Adorable Bottle Brush Trees
- Stunning Coffee Filter Wreath
- Merry and Bright Snowflake DIY Christmas Wreaths
- Easy Dollar Store Melted Snowman Ornament
- Decorative Christmas Baskets Made Simple
- Perfectly Pint-Sized Pine Trees
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Popcorn Ball Ice Cream Cones
- Baseball Rice Krispie Treats
- Paper Firecracker Craft
- Diy Valentine’s Day Toilet Paper Roll Wreath
- Diy Spice Tube Valentines With Free Printable Valentines Day Gift Tags
- Valentine's Day Potpourri With Essential Oils
- Upcycled Sweater Wine Gift Bag
- Dry Erase Valentine's Day Sign
- Upcycled Valentines Bottle Lights
- Easy Love Bug Valentines
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts