Chevron Shape Tape
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Chevron Shape Tape
Gifted by FrogTape
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
Painter's tape comes in handy when you first put color on your walls, but have you thought about using it to add some fun flair to your living space? No need to spend a fortune on an interior designer or professional painting crew–Chevron Shape Tape from FrogTape is all you need. Not only does this product work well for decorating walls, it can also be used on furniture, floors, and more.
When you peel off the backing of Chevron Shape Tape, avoid touching the sticky side. Shape Tape is designed for easy removal, which means that the initial adhesive is not as strong as that on other FrogTape products. Be careful managing the peaks and valleys of the chevron design as you peel to avoid awkward folding. If you'd like to repeat the chevron pattern multiple times, we recommend using a level to ensure that each line matches up.
Shape Tape looks great no matter how it's arranged. Try horizontal, vertical, or even diagonal placement to give your home a fresh perspective. Advanced crafters may want to stack strips of the tape to vary the width of the pattern, or to play with alignment for an edgy look. Chevron is a hot pattern in the fashion world right now, but if you prefer a less rigid style, Shape Tape comes in two other designs: wave and scallop. The wave pattern would look perfect in an ocean-inspired bathroom or a blue table, while the scallop would add sweet accent to a girl's bedroom.
Apart from the fact that it's so easy to use, one of the best aspects of Shape Tape is PaintBlock® technology. This absorbent polymer reacts with the water in paint to form a barrier, sealing the edges of the tape and keeping the paint from bleeding. I recommend wiping the tape down with a wet sponge to remove any residue that might make your paint clump. Follow these simple tips and you'll be on your way to a mini home makeover in no time.
BONUS! Enter to win 2 rolls of Chevron Shape Tape here. Contest ends 5/31/15.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Chance to Win a Set of DecoArt Americana Premium Matte Acrylic Paint
Enter to win Valentine Stamp Sets!
11 Top Products for Easy Holiday Crafts
Fiskars Cuts+More Scissors
Enter to win the Yes, Please Boxed Cards!
Chance to Win a Set of Wooden Gift Tags
Kringle and Co. Kit from American Crafts
Enter to win a Comfort Detail Craft Knife!
Jingle Bells Bonbons Yarn
American Crafts Glitter Tape
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Party Sweet Box from Sticks
- DIY Changeable Lego Frame
- Pinwheel Square Mini Quilt
- Father’s Day Word Search Printable
- DecoArt Americana Premium Matte Acrylic Paint
- Upcycled Faux Cement Planter
- DIY Upcycle Old Photo Frames to Cute Lantern
- How to Make Lotus in Origami Style: Easy Craft Tutorial
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts