Upcycled Light Bulb Centerpiece
Out of all of the wonderful handmade centerpieces we have seen, the Upcycled Light Bulb Centerpiece has to be one of our very favorite ideas. This inventive spring craft idea will give any creative crafter a fresh look at a classic piece of table decor. With spring craft ideas like this one, your home will be looking seasonally satisfying in no time at all. The shabby chic look will be sure to turn some heads, leading you to invite company over more often. You can use this easy wood craft all year round and add other seasonal decorations to make it fit a particular holiday.
Flowers can be really expensive or maybe floral centerpieces just aren't your thing, and that's fine! There are a ton of non-floral centerpieces out there that you can make for any occasion. The Upcycled Light Bulb Centerpiece is the perfect example of a DIY centerpiece that is non-floral, but still beautiful. The best thing about non-floral centerpieces is that they won't wilt and you can reuse them for a different party or as decor in a different part of your house.
1. A stack of vintage books that are similar in color make a great non-floral centerpiece. You can make them as tall as you want and they're effortless to make. If you want to have table numbers, then you can stencil numbers from old pages and tape or glue them to your elegant stack of books.
2. Never underestimate the elegance and beauty of lamps. A lamp with a beautiful shade will keep your table visible and also make your centerpiece woes go away.
3. Speaking of lamps, candles are a classic centerpiece that is easily customizable. You can choose candles of different sizes and display them in different things. Mason jars, candelabras, or floating in a bowl of water are great options for candle centerpieces. Pro tip: don't use scented candles. The fragrance may overwhelm the smell of food or agitate your guests.
4. If you still want to have a floral centerpiece, but you don't want to use real flowers, then paper or silk flowers are your best options. You can make them yourself and arrange them any way you desire. Make your style stand out, because it's your day!
5. Make desserts and food be the center of your table's attention. If you're really great at baking, then don't distract from your talents and beautiful creations! Tease your guests with the tasty treats that await them after dinner.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
Find this craft and so much more in our collection of 47 Ways to Craft with Recycled Materials!
Read NextUpcycled T-Shirt Tote Bags