10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
47 Ways to Craft with Recycled Materials
Go green with recycled crafts made from any material you can think of! From cardboard to plastic, you'll be able to clean out that recycling bin in no time.
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Have a bunch of empty plastic bottles or stacks of magazines lying around? Don't let them go to waste! Find 47 Ways to Craft with Recycled Materials in this collection of DIY projects. From aluminum to cardboard to paper, when it comes to crafts made from recycled items, there are plenty of cool and unique ideas to choose from.
If you love the thought of transforming one thing into something completely different, then you'll love these ideas for recycled craft projects. Whether you want to turn a bunch of discarded water bottles into cute decorations for your front lawn or you're interested in creating pretty napkin rings using the cardboard tube inside a box of Saran Wrap, you'll find some great tutorials here for how to craft with recycled materials.
Get started with this awesome video on how to make Toilet Paper Roll Party Poppers!
Table of Contents
Recycled Paper Crafts
Paper is probably one of the easiest materials to work with when it comes to recycled crafts. It's so simple to transform old newspaper, magazine pages, phone pages and junk mail into something totally different and unique. Discover all of the different ways you can make use of your unused paper with this collection of recycled paper crafts!
Find more crafts with recycled materials in our collection: 16 DIY Home Decor Earth Day Projects
Recycled Crafts from Plastic
Have you ever wondered what happens to your discarded soda pop bottles once you put them in the recycle bin? Wonder no longer with these unique recycled crafts made from plastic! See how you can take matters into your own hands and make use of your plastic waste with these easy DIY ideas. From creative accessories to interesting decorations for outside your home, there are a wide variety of projects to choose from in this collection of recycled craft projects.
There's even more green ideas here: 29 Green Craft Ideas for Earth Day
Recycled Can Crafts
If you're looking for ways to craft with recycled materials beyond just paper and plastic, consider one of these recycled can craft ideas. Learn how to mold and reshape aluminum cans into interesting homemade decorations, greeting cards, refrigerator magnets and more with these recycled craft tutorials.
Crafts with Cardboard
Storage boxes, cereal boxes, even cardboard toilet paper tubes; there is certainly not a lack of material when it comes to making crafts with cardboard. Look around your house for any of these supplies and then follow one of the recycled craft tutorials below to turn your junk into something cute, useful, or maybe just a little bit of both! You'll be amazed by how a boring piece of brown packaging can turn into an amazing wall art display, fun and festive storage containers, or even a journal for you to jot down more recycled craft ideas! Keep reading to discover some of our favorite recycled crafts with cardboard.
More Recycled Crafts Projects
It's easy to get hooked on making crafts with recycled materials. There's something addictive about transforming trash into treasure, and we understand that! That's why we've gathered even more fun DIY recycled crafts for you to try your hand at. From milk cartons to candy wrappers to old CDs (yes, those circular things you used to play music on!), there are plenty of old and discarded materials that can be easily transformed into something useful, pretty to look at, and fun to make! Discover what other ways you can craft with recycled materials by checking out the tutorials below.
What do you love making out of recycled materials? Let us know in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- DIY Mason Jar Lamp
- Soda Can Wind Chimes
- Upcycled T-Shirt Tote Bags
- DIY Tote from a Tea Towel
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar free eBook
- Garden in a Bottle
- How to Thrift Shop: 10 Thrifting Tips for Vintage Crafters
- Nature Crafts: 23 Things to Make With Pine Cones
- The Easiest DIY Planters Ever
- Recycled Bulb Hot Air Balloons
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Desert Cactus DIY Mug
- Pebbles Flintstone Baby Costume
- Geometric Triangle Tote Bag Design
- Pine Cone Wicked Witch Crafts
- Fall Festival Yarn Wreath
- Autumn Ombre Paper Wreath
- Cute n' Casual Dress Sewing Pattern
- 24 Wicked Halloween Mason Jar Craft Ideas
- DIY Fall Treats
- 90s Grunge Fabric Pumpkins