Burly Spun Yarn
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Burly Spun Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
With the cold arctic air it only seems natural to want to snuggle up in a warm crochet blanket made with thick, bulky yarn. Brown Sheep has a line called Burly Spun that is made of 100% wool at 132 yards and 8 ounces; with such a bulky yarn you can easily work up an afghan in no time.
Burly Spun is a smooth, single-ply super bulky yarn that can be knit, crocheted or woven with; you might also find that it's fun for needle felting as well. Spun from 100% USA wool, dyed in 31 solid colors and 8 hand-painted colors, this yarn is great for anyone who wants to work up a quick project. Within those many color choices mentioned previously, you'll see names like Wild Oak, Orange You Glad, Precious Lavender, Prairie Fire, Caribbean Waves, Baby Blush and so much more.
If you're looking for something with instant gratification then you're going to fall in love with Burly Spun. Making a top down sweater? You only need 4 skeins for that! You can work up sweaters, hats, scarves, crochet bags, cowls, baby sets and so much more. The yarn itself feels a bit rough to the touch, but for a wool yarn it's actually quite soft. It's thick, but there's actually not a lot of drape, which is nice. The packaging suggests size 13 needles, but you may get away with using size 15.
What some may or may not like about this yarn is that it is permanently mothproofed, meaning a non-insecticide chemical is applied to the yarn. It's added to the dye bath and is permanent in the sense that it will not wash, rub or dry clean off the wool. If you keep your yarn in storage you can remain worry-free of those pesky moths. With fabulous color choices and the warmth of this squishy yarn, I can't wait for you to try it out!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Give your garden a special homemade touch by adding some handmade decorative stakes! These Garden Stakes from Recycled Bottles look… Continue reading: "Garden Stakes from Recycled Bottles"
- Chance to win an Arabesque Tree Skirt Pattern!
- Totally Exposed Chipboard Album and Dividers
- Flameless Wax Candles
- Jingle Bells Bonbons Yarn
- Christmas Decoration Roller
- Quilling Made Easy Online Class
- Shimelle Collection Pack
- Christmas Clay Collection Pack
- Premium Ribbon Sampler
- Enter to win Red Heart With Love Yarn!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ocean Paradise Crochet Throw Blanket
- St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Sugar Scrub Recipe
- St. Patrick’s Day Card Easy Diy
- Diy Glitter Snowflake Ornaments
- Diy St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Coffee Mug
- St. Patrick’s Day Treat Holder
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Coffee Filter Shamrocks
- Strawberry Heart Sugar Scrub Bars
- Valentine’s Bath Bombs With Sprinkles
- Sugar Body Scrub For Valentine’s Day
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts