Patons Alpaca Yarn
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Patons Alpaca Yarn
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
Yarnspirations is one of the biggest yarn producers and they continue to come out with varieties of yarns that knitters and crocheters love. Alpaca Blend is a yarn from their Patons brand, which we all know and love, but if you haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, let me tell you a little about it.
Patons Alpaca is an easy-care acrylic yarn with lush richness of natural fibers. It is made of 60% acrylic, 22% wool, 10% nylon and 8% alpaca; with a beautiful blend like this it's no wonder Yarnspirations is so well-loved. Each skein is 100 grams and 155 yards of heathered roving yarn that is great for all your knit and crochet needs.
With 24 shades to choose from, you will have an endless opportunity to mix and match colors until you come up with the perfect combination. Colors range from petunia and maize to tiger eye and lagoon to black cherry and iceberg; each is beautiful and has just the right amount of blending between two colors. Patons Alpaca is a bulky weight yarn, so it's better to be made into shawls, hats, sweaters and scarves, pretty much anything for winter wear that will surely keep you warm and cozy. Home decor projects would also look lovely in this yarn.
Taking care of your projects using this Alpaca Blend is important. You'll only want to hand wash it in cool water and lay it flat to dry. Do not use bleach or dry clean your projects as the yarn is just too delicate and you don't want to chance it getting ruined. If cared for properly, your garments should last for a long time.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"Wait...don't throw those old ceiling fans away! You can save the blades and create fabulous hand painted Christmas decor. Recycle the… Continue reading: "Recycled Ceiling Fan Blade Christmas Art"
- Snowman Silverware Holders
- Chance to Win a Set of DecoArt Americana Premium Matte Acrylic Paint
- Red Heart Baby TLC and Plush Baby Yarn
- Enter to win Red Heart With Love Yarn!
- Skater's Village Flannel
- Enter to win Red Heart Holiday Yarn!
- 11 Top Products for Easy Holiday Crafts
- Enter to win Premo! Sculpey Accents Clay!
- Party Bonbons Yarn
- Win a Holiday Ribbon Assortment!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Coloring Pages for Kids and Adults
- Holiday Sweater Party Favors
- DIY Snowman Candy Holder (from an upcycled peanuts container)
- Kid-Friendly Pipe Cleaner Christmas Trees Craft
- Reindeer Basket
- Santa or Elf Belly Treat Bags
- Gingerbread Belly Pot Holder
- Elf Belly Pot Holder
- Gingerbread Belly Flatware Holders
- Snowman Belly Flatware Holder
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts