Serendipity Tweed Yarn
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Serendipity Tweed Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
I was very young when I learned how to knit from my Grandma; I made a baby blanket for my doll, and boy did it take a long time to make. To this day I still think knitting is a bit more difficult than crochet, but I love the look of knit stitches. My favorite part though, is experimenting with new yarns and checking out all the fabulous colors. I just love bulky yarn because you can work up a project so quickly, but worsted weight and lightweight are great, too. When I found Serendipity Tweed from Brown Sheep Company, I was very excited.
Serendipity Tweed is a blend of 60% cotton and 40% wool that I haven't had the chance to work with yet. Having two small kids it's difficult to find "me" time, but I can't wait to try this. It's approximately 210 yards per skein and five stitches per inch. Washing instructions are quite descriptive: You can hand wash in cool water using Brown's Top of the Lamb Shampoo and 1/8 cup of white vinegar. After rinsing thoroughly, add 1/8 cup of white vinegar to the last clear rinse then roll gently in a towel to remove excess water; lay flat to dry. You can press with a cool iron if needed or dry clean your product. Be sure to follow the instructions on the label for best results.
This yarn also comes in a variety of colors ranging from all colors of the rainbow: Baby's Breath, Yellow Buttercup, Morning Glory, Lush Blueberry, Blooming Lilac, Cherry Blossom, Nectarine Blossom, Tuscan Olive, Heathered Plum, Peat Moss and so much more. There are over 30 amazing colors to choose from.
After choosing your color palette for your knit pattern you need to decide what to make. With a DK yarn like this you can work up a beautiful knit sweater, a fun winter cowl and even a pair of socks. Enjoy the fresh look of Serendipity Tweed by adding it to your yarn collection.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Chance to win the Ultimate 7-Piece Silicone Baking Set!
Snowman Silverware Holders
Chance to win Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn!
Enter to win Valentine Stamp Sets!
Win a Corner Chomper!
Chance to win the "May Good Things Grow" Subscription Box!
Chance to win the Buggy Stamp Set!
Win a Holiday Ribbon Assortment!
Chance to win Burly Spun Yarn!
Jingle Bells Bonbons Yarn
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Create Custom Onesies with the Cricut EasyPress
- Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn
- Ultimate 7-Piece Silicone Baking Set
- Stay Vintage Upcycle
- Upcycle Mandala Serving Dish
- How To Make A Bow
- Yard Sale Pinata to Fun Home Decor
- Easy DIY Spring Dry Erase Board
- DIY Mini Macrame Wind Chimes
- Summer Fun Marimekko Shoes
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts