Serendipity Tweed Yarn
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Serendipity Tweed Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
I was very young when I learned how to knit from my Grandma; I made a baby blanket for my doll, and boy did it take a long time to make. To this day I still think knitting is a bit more difficult than crochet, but I love the look of knit stitches. My favorite part though, is experimenting with new yarns and checking out all the fabulous colors. I just love bulky yarn because you can work up a project so quickly, but worsted weight and lightweight are great, too. When I found Serendipity Tweed from Brown Sheep Company, I was very excited.
Serendipity Tweed is a blend of 60% cotton and 40% wool that I haven't had the chance to work with yet. Having two small kids it's difficult to find "me" time, but I can't wait to try this. It's approximately 210 yards per skein and five stitches per inch. Washing instructions are quite descriptive: You can hand wash in cool water using Brown's Top of the Lamb Shampoo and 1/8 cup of white vinegar. After rinsing thoroughly, add 1/8 cup of white vinegar to the last clear rinse then roll gently in a towel to remove excess water; lay flat to dry. You can press with a cool iron if needed or dry clean your product. Be sure to follow the instructions on the label for best results.
This yarn also comes in a variety of colors ranging from all colors of the rainbow: Baby's Breath, Yellow Buttercup, Morning Glory, Lush Blueberry, Blooming Lilac, Cherry Blossom, Nectarine Blossom, Tuscan Olive, Heathered Plum, Peat Moss and so much more. There are over 30 amazing colors to choose from.
After choosing your color palette for your knit pattern you need to decide what to make. With a DK yarn like this you can work up a beautiful knit sweater, a fun winter cowl and even a pair of socks. Enjoy the fresh look of Serendipity Tweed by adding it to your yarn collection.
Read NextWestcott Scissor Mouse
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
As your Christmas tree rolls in through the door, make sure it feels welcome by adorning it in lovely, decorative toilet paper roll… Continue reading: "Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Ornaments"
- Enter to win a Westcott Scissor Mouse!
- Snowman Silverware Holders
- Tulip Fashion Glitter
- Chance to win Red Heart Amore Yarn!
- Red Heart Baby TLC and Plush Baby Yarn
- Chance to win Paintbox Yarns Baby DK Yarn!
- Enter for a chance to win Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn!
- Enter to win the Office Suite Paper Collection!
- Enter to win Red Heart Holiday Yarn!
- Chance to win Red Heart It's a Wrap Yarn!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dollar Tree Christmas Tree Cone
- Easy Christmas Punch Recipe
- Papercraft Leprechaun Puppet
- Christmas String Art
- Free Letter To Santa Printable
- Hot Chocolate Pudding Shots
- Easy Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board Recipe
- Shiny + Bright Ornament #6
- Crochet Winter Ornaments
- Crochet Heart Snowman Christmas Ornament
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts