This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
DIY USA Patriotic Flag Shoes
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"When I was a kid, we used to be able to buy the plain white canvas shoes from the dollar store for about two bucks a pair. It was how we got through the summer. They didn’t last a long time with all the running around we did, but mom just bought us a new set every few weeks, and we could wear them out with impunity. One of our favorite things to do was to decorate our new shoes in fun ways. We tried various painting techniques – from splattering them with neon colors to brushing on glow in the dark paints in fun patterns. But as I got a little older I took more time in making them stand out from the crowd. A favorite was to take a sharpie and write out various words and phrases in beautiful calligraphy. The shoes were lovely and really different. Sometimes I’d paint designs to make them look more expensive. There came a time when I started feeling a little ashamed at my cheap shoes and wanted to hide the fact they came from the dollar store."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Holiday4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Patriotic Holiday
Project TypeMake a Project
Read NextPatriotic Rose Door Wreath
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"It took me a long (as in 10 years) to fully accept that I lived among dust balls, scorching summers, and lots and lots of cacti.… Continue reading: "Easy No-Sew Felt Cactus Ornament"
- Patriotic Rose Door Wreath
- Patriotic Crafts: 14 Fourth of July Crafts and Fourth of July Party Ideas
- 19 All-American Craft Ideas
- Patriotic Heart Wreath
- Patriotic Crocheted Cup Cozy
- Burlap Stars and Stripes Bunting
- Paper Firecracker Craft
- Patriotic 4th of July Balloons
- DIY Patriotic Clothespins
- America the Beautiful Banner
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Make Shrinky Dink Earrings For Halloween
- Make Woven Spider Web Magnets For Halloween Front Door Decor
- Crochet Black Cat Granny Square
- Easy Origami Corner Bookmarks
- Paper Bag Book Cover
- Paper Plate Spider
- Pipe Cleaner Spider
- Colorful Button Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Diy Tin Can Bean Bag Toss
- How To Draw Christmas Ornaments
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts