DIY Halloween Paper Mache Boxes
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"Make these Halloween paper mache boxes to give away as party favors."
Estimated Cost: $11-$20
Time to complete: Under an hour
Primary Technique: Painting
Difficulty Level: Kid Friendly
- Paper mache boxes
- Foam brush
- Prepare your acrylic paints and begin painting the top of your box with a foam brush. If you prefer to paint your entire box, then go ahead and do so. I simply like the natural kraft paper look so I left the bottom unpainted. I added about three coats of paint and let it dry for about 5 minutes in between each coat.
- Take your Sharpie and begin drawing on your ghost! I just made two ovals for the eyes and left a crescent cutout on the top left. For the mouth I simple drew a messy circle.
- For Frankensteins Monster I started out by drawing uneven zig-zags about a quarter down from the top of the box and completely filled it in to create his hair. I then added two circles for his eyes and finished it off with a slanted stitch patterned mouth. Isnt he cute!
- After your boxes are complete, simply fill with your favorite Halloween candy, and your boxes are ready to go!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Paper Plate Halloween Cat
Milk Jug Ghosts
Pine Cone Wicked Witch Crafts
16 Preschool Halloween Crafts
Easy Kids Witch Hats
Tissue Paper Witches and Pumpkins
"8 Halloween Kids Craft Ideas: Celebrate With These Fun Halloween Activities" eBook
Easy Pumpkin Snowflakes
Spooky Cheesecloth Ghost
Itsy Bitsy Spider Handprint Craft
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Boo! Halloween Door Plaque
- Halloween Treat Bags You Can Make In No Time
- Magic Potions for Kids
- Halloween Party Favor Idea
- Easy Oversized Bead Garland
- Spring Square Coaster
- Halloween Rice Krispies Treats
- Cheerful Double Strand Coaster
- Autumn Wood Banner
- Mini Fabric Pumpkins
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts