This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"This is really cute. I like how the pom poms add a little touch of color and pep to the wreath without overwhelming the natural look of the pine cones."
"Love it, will try to make"
"This idea is just too cute! I have never worked with Shrinky Dink before but after seeing this, I may just try it out. Her tutorial makes it look so easy!"
"Halloween is myfavorite holiday.. I'm 43 and dress up every year"
Upcycled Faux Cement Planter
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Click here to view your Holiday Projects.
"I had a wooden box that had been sitting around in storage. Perfect for an upcycle. I found faux metal fencing at the #dollartree hoping I could use it along the outside of the box. I snipped the spikes from the bottom.In the end, the faux metal fencing looked better tucked inside the back of the box. BTW, if you use an old box for an upcycle you'll need to drill a few holes for drainage. Next I gave the entire box a coat of Chalk Country Paint . When it dried, I added more paint with some raw unsweetened coconut mixed inside to create texture. I added the now, texture paint, to several spots. I normally use saw dust to add texture but hey, a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do. It worked. Although I should have been more diligent with my mixing because some of the coconut shows through .As an after thought I decided to dry brush some green onto the texture to create the look of moss."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Wooden Box
- Chalk Country Paint
- Green Acrylic paint
- Unsweetened Dry Cocount
Read NextRice Cake Owl Snacks
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
How To Make Lip Scrub
Remedy your chapped lips this winter with a sweet honey, vanilla, and brown sugar lip scrub. Our lip scrub is simple to make and only… Continue reading: "How To Make Lip Scrub"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beautiful Day Triangular Shawl Crochet Pattern
- 7 Cool Ways To Decorate Easter Eggs
- Free Printable April Coloring Pages
- Printable Big Flower Coloring Pages
- Printable Candy Dice Game For Easter
- Fun Easter Sensory Bin For Toddlers And Preschoolers
- Cute Paper Plate Chick Craft For Kids
- Free Printable Earth Day Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Diy Minecraft Tnt
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts