This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Dinosaur Handprint Craft
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"Your kids will love this adorable dinosaur handprint craft! Kids love making messes. So they will love being able to get their hands dirty and putting their precious little hands on the paper to make a print. Once you get their print, you could even let them play on other pieces of paper with the paint that's on their hands already. To make them into puppets, you can glue or tape a popsicle stick to the back."
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Colored Craft Paper
- Acrylic Paint
- Craft glue
Select a colored craft paper and the same colored acrylic paint for the dinosaur drawing.
Select a different colored craft paper for the spots.
Prepare the selected acrylic paint. Add a few drops of water if the paint is too thick or hard.
Wash, clean and dry your hands.
Use a thick paintbrush to apply the acrylic paint to the palm of your hand. Make sure to cover the palm nice and evenly.
Take a piece of white cardstock paper and press the painted palm against the paper. Keep the palm on the paper for a few seconds and then remove your hand gently from the paper.
Allow the paint to dry completely.
Use scissors to cut out the hand print from the paper.
Trace and cut out the dinosaur head (and neck) pattern and eyes from the template. The template includes 5 different sizes; you can select the size appropriate for your craft.
Cut out some small round shapes from a colored craft paper for the spots.
Attach the eye cutouts on the head part of the dinosaur paper cutout.
Use a sharpie to draw the mouth-line of the dinosaur.
Attach the dinosaur paper pattern with the hand-printed cutout, opposite to the thumb. The thumb will be the tail of the dinosaur.
Attach the small spots on the palm part of the hand-printed pattern to complete the craft.
Read NextSunset Dyed Basket Liner or Pouch
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Sunset Dyed Basket Liner or Pouch
- Felt Succulent Summer Wreath
- Diy Hand Painted Driftwood Planter
- Giant Paper Mache Cactus
- Tissue Box Flower Planter
- Block Print Tulip Napkins
- Coloring Page Jewelry Box
- How To Make Lucky Gift | Diy Ladybug Craft | Crafts For Kids
- Shoebox Mini Wall Art
- 60s Inspired Step Stool
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- Learn How To Make A Simple Crochet Scarf
- Free Printable Camping Scavenger Hunt For Kids And Adults
- Fun And Free Printable Summer Reading Bingo Challenge
- Toilet Paper Roll Moose
- Easy Double Thick Textured Crochet Square Potholder
- Patriotic Bandana Wreath
- Paper Bag Monkey Puppet
- Americana Star Placemat Quilt Pattern
- Americana Star Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts