This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Through The Window Cosmetic Bag Or Hook Pouch
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"How to crochet a fun bag that uses a mosaic crochet technique, & is perfect to use as a cosmetic bag, crochet hook/notions bag or for travel size toiletries. Video tutorial included. The idea of mosaic crochet may intimidate you, but please don't let it. This stitch pattern is comprised of single crochets & chains with some double crochets to create the overlap. I think a confident beginner could do this. While my favorite way to work this technique is with a variegated color underneath, & a solid coordinating color on top, it also looks great with both solid colors, or even all in one. You'll need 150 Yards of Worsted Weight Yarn (I used WeCrochet Dishie Yarn in Linen (95 Yards) & Mulberry (55 Yards), H8/5mm crochet hook, tapestry needle & if you want to line it, either fabric & zipper or a canvas bag of the same size (I get mine at Hobby Lobby), & needle & thread. I recommend cotton yarn because it's more durable, and this bag will most likely see a lot of wear."
- 150 Yards of Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn – I used WeCrochet Dishie Yarn, 95 Yards of the Linen colorway [main color] and 55 Yards of the Mulberry colorway [coordinating color]
- H8/5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle for Weaving in Ends
- Optional, Jewelry Pliers
- Optional, Fabric for Lining and Zipper (I used a pre-made bag that I got at my Hobby Lobby and stuck inside and then sewed in place – it measures 9″ wide by 6″ tall)
Optional, Sewing Machine or Sewing Needle and Matching Thread (for lining)
Read NextFlirty Felt Flower Bouquet
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"After the turkey, the second most important element in a British Christmas dinner is the Christmas pudding. The other day when I was… Continue reading: "Christmas Pudding Wood Slice Ornament"
- Flirty Felt Flower Bouquet
- "Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day" eBook
- Motherly Love: 26 Mother's Day Crafts
- Sweet DIY Love Heart Cork Board
- Cupcake Flower Vase
- Bouquet Of Fingerprint Flowers
- Top 10 Mother's Day Crafts to Make at the Last Minute
- Colorful Paper Flowers Bouquet
- How To Make Lip Scrub
- Diy Charm Bracelet
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Tin Can Bean Bag Toss
- How To Draw Christmas Ornaments
- Easy And Simple Crochet Treble Flock Blanket Pattern
- DIY Scarf Wreath
- Fall Pumpkin Lanterns
- Mini Pumpkin Topiary
- Gods Eye Pumpkin Lanterns
- Wool Covered Wood Pumpkin Decor Craft
- Printable Halloween Quotes
- Spell On You Printable
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts