Christmas Cards Using Non-Traditional Paper
Want to learn how to make unique Christmas cards that will stand out from the pack? Try these Christmas Cards Using Non-Traditional Paper and you won't be disappointed! This tutorial shows you how to use embossing powder and ink stamps to create a pretty design for your DIY Christmas card. You can even watch the video below to see how craft designer Carlene makes hers!
- 5 x 10” white cardstock
- 4 ¾” square light blue paper
- 4 ¾” square green paper
- Embossing ink
- Christmas tree stamp
- Green embossing powder
- Liquid glue
- 7” ribbon and small bow
- Heat tool
- Two types of snowflakes (blue and silver)
1. Fold white cardstock in half.
2. Tear green paper about 1”.
3. With pencil, trace image of 1” green paper onto bottom of blue paper.
4. Ink stamp and stamp just above your pencil line.
5. Place embossing powder over ink.
6. Heat embossing powder.
7. Glue 1” green paper to bottom of blue paper.
8. Tie ribbon around bottom of green paper, use tape to secure ends behind paper.
9. Glue bow to middle of ribbon.
10. Add snowflakes in various places to top of blue paper.
Read NextAngel of Hope Christmas Card