DIY Geometric Snowball Placecard Holders
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"You didn't know snowballs are actually geometric?! Haha!! Okay, maybe not, but these are and I like them better! We're calling them DIY geometric snowball placecard holders and this they resemble snowballs for Christmas!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Dough Cutter
Roll Sculpey into a ball (slightly bigger than a golf ball)
With the dough cutter, cut facets into the ball. Easiest way to do this, is to push the ball down onto a flat surface, then slice into the Sculpey while holding it down with a ruler. Your hands/fingers can easily leave an impression on the Sculpey, so its best to handle it as little as possible (hence the ruler).
Once you have a multi-faceted object, choose a side for it to stand on. Press the dough cutter into the Sculpey for the card.
Dont worry if your facets dont look perfect theyll be sanded down later.
Bake the Sculpey using the directions on the package.
Once baked, let it cool. It hardens more once its cooled down.
Place the sandpaper on a table or flat surface. Sand down each facet until even. Wear a mask! We also recommend working outside if possible. Enjoy!!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Scrap Denim Heart Wreath
- Bright Button Wreath
- Unicorn Spit and Metallic Paint Bubbles
- Christmas Angel Ice Cream Stick Craft
- Beautiful Angel Ornament From Paper Rolls
- M&M Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar
- Candy Cane Vase
- Santa Hat Rice Krispie Treats
- Corrugated Cardboard Snowman Ornaments
- Gift Wrap Organizer DIY Toolbox
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Earth Day Crochet Doily
- Easy Mother’s Day Gift: A Motherhood Journal Jar
- Star Doily Placemat
- Flower Pot Wreath
- Sew Easy Placemats
- Diy Charm Bracelet
- Free Printable Earth Day Word Search
- Easter Play Dough
- Seaside Coastal Flower Crochet Coaster
- Easter Egg Juice Box
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts