DIY Geometric Snowball Placecard Holders
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"You didn't know snowballs are actually geometric?! Haha!! Okay, maybe not, but these are and I like them better! We're calling them DIY geometric snowball placecard holders and this they resemble snowballs for Christmas!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Dough Cutter
Roll Sculpey into a ball (slightly bigger than a golf ball)
With the dough cutter, cut facets into the ball. Easiest way to do this, is to push the ball down onto a flat surface, then slice into the Sculpey while holding it down with a ruler. Your hands/fingers can easily leave an impression on the Sculpey, so its best to handle it as little as possible (hence the ruler).
Once you have a multi-faceted object, choose a side for it to stand on. Press the dough cutter into the Sculpey for the card.
Dont worry if your facets dont look perfect theyll be sanded down later.
Bake the Sculpey using the directions on the package.
Once baked, let it cool. It hardens more once its cooled down.
Place the sandpaper on a table or flat surface. Sand down each facet until even. Wear a mask! We also recommend working outside if possible. Enjoy!!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Easy DIY Ornaments
- Whimsical DIY Clay Ornaments
- Vintage Christmas Village
- 75+ Easy Christmas Crafts to Make at the Last Minute
- Easy Gingerbread House Ornaments
- Sock Angel Ornament
- 30 Minute Christmas Gift Idea
- Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Ornaments
- Merry Kissmas Free Holiday Printables
- Galaxy Melted Crayon Ornaments
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Monster Ice Cream Sherbet
- Make Your Own Halloween Spell Book
- DIY Kawaii Craft Idea
- T-Shirt Trick-or-Treat Bag
- DIY Halloween Doormat
- No-Sew Monster Trick-or-Treat Totes
- DIY Punny Trick-or-Treat Totes
- Halloween Globe Luminary
- DIY Cookie Party Wreath
- Disney Inspired Holiday Princess Printable Gift Card Holders
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts