Playful: Fun Projects to Make With + For Kids
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
It often feels like society is too "plugged in" these days. Some people think that if a product doesn't come with free Wi-Fi, it's not worth having. The good news is that designers like Mirrilee Liddiard are still eager to develop hands-on activities for kids and grown-ups. Playful: Fun Projects to Make With + For Kids is a delightful alternative video games and television. Packed with 26 projects that adults can make with and for their children, this book exercises the imagination and encourages cooperation and creativity.
The founder of Mermagblog.com, Merrilee has contributed to many parenting magazines including Family Fun, Parent & Child, and La Petite. A kid at heart and an artist by trade, Merrilee has illustrated children's picture books and developed toys and games, so she's got her finger on the pulse of what young minds need to grow. The projects in Playful are divided into five categories: Dress Up, Toys, Paper Crafts, Repurposing, and Art. Most of the projects look complicated, but are easy to complete, not to mention inexpensive. Favorite ideas in this book include a tiger piñata, paper puppets, and a cardboard and duct tape dollhouse.
Many of these projects in Playful involve templates, all of which are located in the back of the book. To ensure that each craft can be made more than once, it's best to photocopy each template, adjusting the size as necessary. As Merrilee points out, this might require a trip to the copy store, which isn't doable for busy parents. I would like to see Abrams add an online companion where individual templates could be downloaded and resized easily.
Although Playful is meant to be used, its beautiful photographs of whimsical creations allow it to double as a coffee table book. This book has plenty of variety in terms of crafting techniques, so whether you like to build, stitch, or paint, there is a tutorial that you will enjoy. Best of all, these crafts are easily adaptable. Let your child express her individuality with different colors, accents, and embellishments.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Textured Mandala Doily
- Dad Rocks Paperweight
- Picot Crochet Flower
- Free All About My Dad And All About My Grandpa Printables For Kids
- Patriotic Diy Brown Paper Bag Treat Bags Plus Free Printable
- Patriotic Summer Berry Double-cream Tart
- Star-spangled Firecracker Brownie Pie
- Sparkly Firecracker Pie Crust Stars
- Free Printable Summer Word Search For Kids
- Inspiring Celebration Hacks For A Stay-at-home Graduation Party
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts