Candy Aisle Crafts
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Blend the delectable and delightful with the help of Candy Aisle Crafts. This image-heavy cookbook/crafting guide is perfect for kids and parents. Using store bought treats, your family can whip up incredible creations in only a few steps.
A long time contributor to Martha Stewart Living and mother of two, author Jodi Levine knows what it takes to keep kids entertained without driving parents crazy. Though children might need some help from mom and dad to put these edible crafts together, the goal of every project is fun, not frustration.
The tutorials in Candy Aisle Crafts are divided into four categories based on the main ingredient: hard candy, gummies, marshmallows, and cookies and cereal. From hard candy you can make cake toppers, peppermint ornaments, and edible jewelry. Gummies can be used to create bumble bees, ballerinas, and frogs, while marshmallows are ideal for crafting mini birds and polar bears. If your family is looking for a real challenge, cookies make great building blocks for an edible castle or solar system.
A word to the wise: not every project is easy. The more elaborate crafts are better suited for preteens than they are for elementary school students. Candy Aisle Crafts would make a wonderful resource for folks who lead scout troops or youth groups. Older kids will be able to grasp the more advanced concepts and work on one large construction project as a team. This book also makes a great gift for anyone who still likes to play with her food!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"Have a cook or just lover of all things kitchen in your life? This easy to make 30 Minute Gift Idea is the perfect way to give… Continue reading: "30 Minute Christmas Gift Idea "
- Chance to win Leisure Arts Mini Adult Coloring Books!
- Quilled Flowers: A Garden of 35 Paper Projects
- Pom-Poms! 25 Awesomely Fluffy Projects
- Packaging Your Crafts
- Sweet Confections: Beautiful Candy to Make at Home
- Sewing the Seasons
- Redwork Winter Twitterings
- Paper It! 50 Home Decor and Gift Ideas Using Scrapbook Papers
- Enter to win Adult Coloring Books!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- One For All Basic Crochet Finger Puppet Pattern
- Printable Beach Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- Printable Desserts Word Scramble
- Printable Desserts Word Search
- Blue Lagoon Crochet Placemat
- How To Make A Pen Holder
- How To Make A Hair Clip Holder
- Painting Framed Glass
- Diy Candle Holders
- Enchanting Crochet Flower Doily
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts