Candy Aisle Crafts
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Blend the delectable and delightful with the help of Candy Aisle Crafts. This image-heavy cookbook/crafting guide is perfect for kids and parents. Using store bought treats, your family can whip up incredible creations in only a few steps.
A long time contributor to Martha Stewart Living and mother of two, author Jodi Levine knows what it takes to keep kids entertained without driving parents crazy. Though children might need some help from mom and dad to put these edible crafts together, the goal of every project is fun, not frustration.
The tutorials in Candy Aisle Crafts are divided into four categories based on the main ingredient: hard candy, gummies, marshmallows, and cookies and cereal. From hard candy you can make cake toppers, peppermint ornaments, and edible jewelry. Gummies can be used to create bumble bees, ballerinas, and frogs, while marshmallows are ideal for crafting mini birds and polar bears. If your family is looking for a real challenge, cookies make great building blocks for an edible castle or solar system.
A word to the wise: not every project is easy. The more elaborate crafts are better suited for preteens than they are for elementary school students. Candy Aisle Crafts would make a wonderful resource for folks who lead scout troops or youth groups. Older kids will be able to grasp the more advanced concepts and work on one large construction project as a team. This book also makes a great gift for anyone who still likes to play with her food!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Thank your friends, teachers, or family with a gift they will love. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar serves multiple functions,… Continue reading: "Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar"
- Cake Ladies: Celebrating a Southern Tradition
- Sewing the Seasons
- Quilled Flowers: A Garden of 35 Paper Projects
- Chance to win a copy of All For Fall!
- Simply Paper Cutting: Hand-Cut Paper Projects
- Adventures in Pompom Land
- Heart-Felt Holidays: 40 Festive Felt Projects to Celebrate the Seasons
- Christmas Magic: Decorative Ideas for Winter and Yuletide Patchwork
- Embroidery: 35 Projects to Decorate, Celebrate, and Embellish
- Banners: 40 Swags and Pennants for Every Occasion
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Valentine Word Search For Kids
- Quick Round Potholder Placemat
- Cute Valentines Gnome Paper Craft For Kids
- Crochet Heart Air Balloon Applique
- Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards For Kids
- C2c Cozy Throw Pillow
- Heart Pixel Art Square
- Puzzle Piece Heart Wreath A Dollar Tree Diy
- Free Valentine’s Day Word Scramble For Kids
- Valentine Hugs For Preschoolers
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts