Color Your Mind Coloring Book
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Color Your Mind Coloring Book
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
Thankfully I don't have anyone in my family with Alzheimer's, but I sympathize for those who do; it can be difficult for loved ones and for the ones who have it. With that said, Blue Star Press has come out with an adult coloring book titled Color Your Mind. This book is focused on those with Alzheimer's and the people who love them.
Blue Star Press has teamed up with Maria Shriver, advocate of Alzheimer's, and has come out with this amazing book filled with information as well as inspiration. They collaborated with caregivers, neurologists, psychologists and Alzheimer patients. The activities in this book were developed through visits to nursing homes and memory care facilities, so you know a lot of thought and love was put into the design of this book.
While we know coloring is a creative outlet, it's also a means of destressing. In Color Your Mind you'll not only find designs to color, but you'll find activity suggestions and ideas for shared reflection and conversation. With the focus of six topics for brain health: well-being, social connection, nutrition, exercise, move your mind, and sleep, you'll see how unique the contents of this book are. Each page has a create, connect and reflect section that allows you to think about things in life before diving into the coloring aspect of the design.
This book is so powerful and really sends a message to those with Alzheimer's as well as their families who go through it with them. It gives techniques on how to slow down and wind down and take things one step at a time. There's a beautiful page in the middle of the book with a butterfly design. The reason it's so beautiful is because it's folded in half, allowing you to color one side as a friend colors the other side. Coloring with a friend provides a different experience and can allow reflection on the friendship. I can't say enough how neat this book truly is. Maria Shriver is raising awareness and money for research and that alone is something so special.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Well, we made it through the winter thank goodness. To celebrate the beauty of this season, I want to share a really easy DIY… Continue reading: "Miniature Farm Window Box Planter"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Textured Mandala Doily
- Dad Rocks Paperweight
- Picot Crochet Flower
- Free All About My Dad And All About My Grandpa Printables For Kids
- Patriotic Diy Brown Paper Bag Treat Bags Plus Free Printable
- Patriotic Summer Berry Double-cream Tart
- Star-spangled Firecracker Brownie Pie
- Sparkly Firecracker Pie Crust Stars
- Free Printable Summer Word Search For Kids
- Inspiring Celebration Hacks For A Stay-at-home Graduation Party
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts