Gertie Sews Vintage Casual
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Gertie Sews Vintage Casual
Gifted by: Abrams Books
Reviewed by Jennifer Hendrix, Editor, AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com
Sewists that stick to vintage styles will quickly realize that Gertie Sews Vintage Casual is the perfect sewing book for them. This gorgeous sewing pattern book opens with the interesting history of 1940s and 1950s fashion before it explains the different skills, materials, and supplies needed. You won’t need to look elsewhere for inspiration, Gertie Sews Vintage Casual has a style guide that will motivate and encourage sewists of all skill levels to sew vintage clothing of designer quality.
You will find blouse patterns, skirt patterns, dress patterns, and more during Section 2 of Gertie Sews Vintage Casual, all of which seem to come straight out of the 1940s and 1950s. The detailed patterns are enhanced even more with the included pattern maps found at the end of the book. These pattern maps are one of the major perks of Gertie Sews Vintage Casual, as they make each project as simple to follow as possible.
You’ll not only have a pattern guide to vintage causal style with this book, you’ll also have a wonderful resource of sewing knowledge and inspiration. From skills for wovens to skills for knits and fitting advice, Gertie Sews Vintage Casual reviews it all for you.
After reading this wonderful book written by Gretchen Hirsch you will be ready to create and on your way to designer status before you know it.
Enter to win Gertie Sews Vintage Casual from 01/14/2015-01/27/2015!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Pom-Poms! 25 Awesomely Fluffy Projects
- Adventures in Pompom Land
- Christmas Magic: Decorative Ideas for Winter and Yuletide Patchwork
- Embroidery: 35 Projects to Decorate, Celebrate, and Embellish
- Sweet Confections: Beautiful Candy to Make at Home
- Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays: 30+ Seasonal Patchwork Projects to Piece, Stitch, and Love
- Packaging Your Crafts
- One Painting a Day
- Sew Merry and Bright: 21 Easy, Fun, and Festive Patterns
- Enter to win Adult Coloring Books!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Halloween Applique Crochet Bunting Garland
- Greeting From My Gnome And Dollar Tree
- Journey Through The Stones Crochet Shawl
- Halloween Spider Treats
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Free Printable Halloween Word Scramble For Kids
- Printable Halloween Gift Tags
- 40+ Witchy Crafts to Make This Halloween
- Crochet Witch Hat Pattern
- Pinwheel Crochet Swirl Doily
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts