Honoring Our Veterans
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
BONUS! Enter to win a Happy Holiday Book Bundle. Contest ends 7/12/15
Paying respects to our war veterans and active service members is an important duty of every American, but sometimes it feels like we are not doing enough for them or for their families. A touching way to show your respect and support is to crochet a themed lap robe or afghan. Carolyn Pfeifer's Honoring our Veterans contains thirteen patterns that any service member, active or veteran, would appreciate.
"Independence Day" on page 30 is a classic American flag design. This would be a perfect gift on Memorial Day for any war veteran or veteran's family. This blanket would be a constant reminder of the good service done for the country, while still being beautiful and cozy for every day use. Page 13 holds the design for " Badge of Courage," a purple afghan designed around the Purple Heart, a medal given to members of the Armed Forces who were wounded or died in service. An afghan with this much meaning is a gorgeous gift for the daughter or granddaughter of a soldier, as it is a modern symbol of perseverance and of sacrifice for the things you believe in.
In the first few pages of the book is a section titled "Veteran Salute." Reading through this, you are reminded of the amount of ties you have to veterans or current service members, and it causes a deep reflection on what more you could do to help them and their families. This section outlines national programs and community outreach projects to research if you wanted to donate any projects from the book, or get more involved in assisting veteran's families. These pages also outline the type of yarn used in the book; every skein is Made in America, proudly manufactured here for over 75 years.
Read NextOpen House Merriment Book Review
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Looking for some last-minute, easy to make Christmas ornaments? This Recycled Book Page Ball Ornament is super simple to put together… Continue reading: "Recycled Book Page Ball Ornament"
- Enter for a chance to win a copy of Open House Merriment!
- Enter for a chance to win a copy of Meditations on Tea Adult!
- Paper Pups: 35 Dogs to Copy, Cut & Fold
- Ice Princess Crafts
- A Year of Pies: A Seasonal Tour of Home Baked Pies
- Stylish Weddings: 50 Simple Ideas to Make from Top Designers
- Treasury of Holiday Crochet
- Playful: Fun Projects to Make With + For Kids
- Win a Happy Holiday Book Bundle!
- Holiday Greetings
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Papercraft Leprechaun Puppet
- Christmas String Art
- Free Letter To Santa Printable
- Hot Chocolate Pudding Shots
- Easy Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board Recipe
- Shiny + Bright Ornament #6
- Crochet Winter Ornaments
- Crochet Heart Snowman Christmas Ornament
- Hanging Star Holiday Countdown Calendar
- Toilet Paper Roll Countdown Calendar
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts