Honoring Our Veterans
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
BONUS! Enter to win a Happy Holiday Book Bundle. Contest ends 7/12/15
Paying respects to our war veterans and active service members is an important duty of every American, but sometimes it feels like we are not doing enough for them or for their families. A touching way to show your respect and support is to crochet a themed lap robe or afghan. Carolyn Pfeifer's Honoring our Veterans contains thirteen patterns that any service member, active or veteran, would appreciate.
"Independence Day" on page 30 is a classic American flag design. This would be a perfect gift on Memorial Day for any war veteran or veteran's family. This blanket would be a constant reminder of the good service done for the country, while still being beautiful and cozy for every day use. Page 13 holds the design for " Badge of Courage," a purple afghan designed around the Purple Heart, a medal given to members of the Armed Forces who were wounded or died in service. An afghan with this much meaning is a gorgeous gift for the daughter or granddaughter of a soldier, as it is a modern symbol of perseverance and of sacrifice for the things you believe in.
In the first few pages of the book is a section titled "Veteran Salute." Reading through this, you are reminded of the amount of ties you have to veterans or current service members, and it causes a deep reflection on what more you could do to help them and their families. This section outlines national programs and community outreach projects to research if you wanted to donate any projects from the book, or get more involved in assisting veteran's families. These pages also outline the type of yarn used in the book; every skein is Made in America, proudly manufactured here for over 75 years.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
While shiny and glittery ornaments are a common way to decorate the tree, these Burlap and Corn Husk Christmas Ornaments are perfect… Continue reading: "Burlap and Corn Husk Christmas Ornaments"
- Cross Stiched Cards
- Enter to win a copy of A Touch of Asia!
- Heart-Felt Holidays: 40 Festive Felt Projects to Celebrate the Seasons
- Embroidery: 35 Projects to Decorate, Celebrate, and Embellish
- Paper Blooms
- Banners: 40 Swags and Pennants for Every Occasion
- Fabric Blooms: 42 Flowers to Make, Wear & Adorn Your Life
- The Better Bag Maker
- Candy Aisle Crafts
- Ice Princess Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Hanukkah Advent Calendar
- Pom Pom Hanukkah Garland Craft
- Christmas Craft For Kids – Rudolph Puppets
- Easy No-Sew Face Masks
- Pumpkin Spice Doily Potholder
- Printable Fall Coloring Pages
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Fall Simmering Potpourri Recipe
- Printable Halloween Word Search
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts