DIY T-Shirt Necklace
The summer season is a great time to work on your tie dye crafts, and this unexpected idea is sure to make the list! Use an old T-shirt in a new way with this simple craft idea from iLovetoCreate. The DIY T-Shirt Necklace is a great way to re-use those old white tees that you have around the house. Make your own necklace in your favorite hue; the kids will love to join in on this idea, too. With a bit of dye you can create a cute and fashionable DIY accessory that will transform any summer outfit.
- Tulip One-Step Dye: Orange (21736), Pink (28936)
- Needle and thread
- Plastic table cover
- (2) Plastic bowls
- 3"-4" flat brush
- White T-shirt, 100% cotton
- Prewash shirt in cold water and leave damp. Protect work surface with plastic table cover.
- Lay damp shirt out smoothly on covered work area.
- Mix dyes as directed and pour approximately half of each color into the two plastic bowls.
- Add a third to half as much water to each color to dilute.
- Brush one of the diluted colors down one side of shirt, making sure dye saturates to the back side.
- Leave the center section of shirt white and brush the second color on the other side. Sleeves not necessary. Cover shirt with plastic sheet and let set 6 to 8 hours or longer. Launder according to package instructions.
- Cut half-inch wide strips of the pink, white and orange sections, starting from the bottom to create long strips.
- Pull each strip to create a thin, coiled length piece.
- Create as many strands desired. Fold a piece of fabric around ends to hold together and stitch along open side, leaving an opening on ends for ties.
- Insert a single strip on both open ends and stitch to make ties.
Read NextWashi Tape Earrings