This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Toilet Paper Roll Rocket Craft
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"This toilet paper roll rocket craft is the perfect craft for a quiet afternoon with your kids this summer. They will love making this rocket and then using it to play pretend for the rest of the day! Each kid can customize their own by decorating it however they want to. Encourage your children to imagine big and play hard as they pretend to play in outer space, exploring the planets as they fly in their rocket ship."
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Colored paper
- Toilet paper roll
- Craft glue
- Template (Download below)
Select a piece of colored paper for the rocket craft. Use yellow and orange for the flame patterns and select a different color for the rest of the project. Trace and cut out the patterns nicely.
Stick the flame cutouts together, the small cutout on the medium cutout, and then the medium cutout on the big cutout. Stick the small round cutouts on the relatively big round cutouts; these are the windows of the rocket.
Wrap the toilet paper roll with a piece of craft paper.
Stick round window cutouts on the toilet paper roll, one under the other one. Stick the flame cutout on the bottom side of the roll, gluing the flame pattern towards the inner side of the roll.
Grab the stand cutouts and attach them with the roll by inserting the slits through the roll from the bottom end.
Check if the toilet paper roll can be placed straight up on the stands.
Prepare the cone template pattern.
Roll the cone template to create a cone. Apply glue at the open ends to secure the cone pattern.
Attach the paper cone on the top end of the toilet paper roll rocket pattern to complete the craft.
Read NextBurlap Utensil Holders
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wonderful Winter Wreath
- Great Ghost Trick Or Treat Bucket Craft
- Crochet Pumpkin Jack O’lantern Snow Globe
- Crochet Witch Gnome
- Crochet Melted Snowman
- Boo The Crochet Ghost Solid Granny Square
- Free Magic Reindeer Food Printable Recipe & Topper
- Free Printable Happy Halloween Coloring Page
- How To Crochet Drop Leaf Table Runner
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts