Good Luck Clover St. Patrick's Day Decor
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"Create a thrifty St. Patrick's Day front door or wall decor using a flat piece of cardboard and inexpensive ribbon to create a 3D-like Good Luck Clover. You could paint the cardboard, or apply scrapbooking paper to completely cover the cardboard prior to applying ribbon."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
HolidaySt. Patrick's Day
- Flat piece of cardboard
- Various colors of ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Fabric scissors
- Floral wire
St. Patrick's Day Decor
How to Decorate for St. Patrick's Day
Sketch out a simple rainbow/clover design. A free downloadable clover template is available on my website.
Cut out the cardboard shape.
Cut a piece of floral wire and secure it on the backside of the cardboard. Twist it together and create a loop. This loop will be what you will hang the decor from.
Once the hot glue gun is ready, begin applying your rainbow strips of ribbon. Leave a small strand of ribbon hanging off the cardboard and secure with glue on the backside. The ribbon will be applied in a cascading/looping/figure eight manner.
Don't worry if small sections of cardboard are peeking through. You can fill in sections by cutting and gluing strips of ribbon to fill in gaps.
Once the rainbow is complete, apply the green ribbon for the clover in the same manner.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Somewhere Over the Rainbow Free Printable will bring you back to your storybook youth in a flash. This darling, decorative craft… Continue reading: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow Free Printable"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Duct Tape Roses
- Unicorn Paper Plate Craft
- Easy Diy Easter Bunny Wash
- Valentine’s Day Crafts For Kids
- Valentine’s Day Gifts Kids Can Make
- Heart Filled Crochet Coaster Tutorial
- Red And Gold Clay Valentine Earrings
- Easter Basket Stuffers – Bunny Crayons
- Last Minute Felt Easter Basket
- Friends Embroidery Hoop
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts