We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Make these Bountiful Garden Clay Plant Markers to add some charming decorations to your backyard, while also keeping track of your harvest. These DIY garden signs are quick and easy to make and you'll have a great time making these precious garden signs with pumpkins, tomatoes, carrots, and peppers. You won't find cute outdoor garden accents like these at your local hardware store so you can show off your new adorable plant stakes to all those gardening novices. These garden crafts will keep you organized and make your garden the best on the block!
If you loved these precious garden stakes, check out our FREE downloadable ebook for more great summer and garden crafts just like these! "10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer" eBook
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Sculpey Soufflé
- Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine
- Sculpey Super Slicer Set, w/comfort handles
- Sculpey Clay Tool Starter Set, set of 3
- Sculpey Technique Design Blocks
- Craft sticks (1 for each plant stake)
Getting Started: Polymer clay may stain. CLAY MAY DAMAGE UNPROTECTED FURNITURE OR FINISHED SURFACES. DO NOT USE polymer clay on unprotected surfaces. We recommend working on the Sculpey® Work ‘n Bake Clay Mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean your hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F (130 °C) for 30 minutes per ¼" (6 mm) thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult. Begin by preheating oven to 275 °F (130 °C). Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. For best results, condition all clay by running it through the Clay Conditioning Machine for several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
Sheet Igloo white through the clay conditioning machine on the thickest setting until smooth. Then sheet through the second thickest setting. If you do not have a clay conditioning machine, roll Igloo flat into a sheet less than 1/8” thick. Cut out eights rectangles approximately 2.25” X 2.5”. Lay the top 1” of a craft stick on each of four of the rectangles as shown.
Sandwich the craft sticks between the rectangles.
Use the side of the Dots Design Block to impress a series of little lines across the top and the bottom of the seed packets
Roll a thin rope of Canary yellow about 1/16” thick. Lay the rope across the top of the rectangle just below the scored lines. Press the rope flat and trim. Repeat across the bottom of the packet just above the scored lines.
For the pumpkin, make three oval shapes and two smaller oval shapes in Pumpkin orange. Place them on the middle of the seed packet.
Flatten the shapes slightly. Add a Jade green pumpkin stem
For the tomato, press an oval of Cherry Pie red to the center of the packet.
Add little Jade green teardrop shapes to the top of the tomato.
For the red pepper, make a larger oval for the center and two smaller ovals for the sides.
Flatten them into place slightly. Add a Jade green stem.
For the pumpkin, mix a little Canary and Jade together to make a yellow green. Add curlicues around the pumpkin.
For the carrot, make a large long triangle for the carrot. Add a tuft of Jade to the top of the carrot. Score lines in the carrot and in the greens at the top.
Bake according to the above directions on the craft sticks. When completely cool, use them to mark your garden rows or containers and enjoy!
Spring is the best season of all as everything begins to bloom again we say goodbye to the cold winter months. Take a look at our great collection of spring crafts to welcome the changing seasons in the best way! 12 Fun Crafts for Spring
Read NextDIY Mini Trinket Boxes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
"Handmade holidays are so much fun. Here I am sharing a cute little pattern for Crochet Star Ornament. These simple Crochet Christmas… Continue reading: "Crochet Christmas Star Ornament"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Beach Color By Number
- Textured Crochet Macrame Basket
- How to Host a Trunk or Treat Event
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- Learn How To Make A Simple Crochet Scarf
- Free Printable Camping Scavenger Hunt For Kids And Adults
- Fun And Free Printable Summer Reading Bingo Challenge
- Toilet Paper Roll Moose
- Easy Double Thick Textured Crochet Square Potholder
- Patriotic Bandana Wreath
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts