10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
Recycled Bottle Wall Vase
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"Since I am always looking at lovely ways to display my spring blooms inside the house, I thought I would share this simple flower wall vase tutorial with you! This would also make a great mother's day gift!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- scrap of wood
- Mod Podge Matte
- paint brush
- decorative paper
- two screws
- metal trim
- old bottle
How to Make a Recycled Bottle Wall Vase
Cut your scrap wood to a 6-8" rectangle.
Trim your paper to fit on top, and ink the edges just to give it an old distressed look.
Coat both your paper and wood with Mod Podge, and seal them together. Apply an additional thin coat on the top of your paper. If you plan to put your vase outdoors, add a couple of extra coats.
After your Mod Podge is dry, center your glass bottle on the wood board, and measure how much trim you need. The metal trim I found cuts easily with scissors, but you may need pliers depending on how thick it is.
Next, take your screwdriver, and attach the metal trim with one screw on each side. Make sure you pull the trim really tight so the bottle does not move. If you are nervous that the bottle might slip out, just add a little glue on the back side of the glass.
Your bottle should fit snugly inside when you are done. If you need to add water to your vase, just carefully pour it inside without getting the paper wet.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Add a pop of color to your home with the Eye-Catching Red Hydrangea Wreath. Learn how to make a wreath with this tutorial and you'll… Continue reading: "Eye-Catching Red Hydrangea Wreath"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- One For All Basic Crochet Finger Puppet Pattern
- Printable Beach Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- Printable Desserts Word Scramble
- Printable Desserts Word Search
- Blue Lagoon Crochet Placemat
- How To Make A Pen Holder
- How To Make A Hair Clip Holder
- Painting Framed Glass
- Diy Candle Holders
- Enchanting Crochet Flower Doily
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts