This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Paper Bag Monkey Puppet
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"Making your own Paper Bag Monkey Puppet is the perfect craft for any one who loves the zoo! This craft is so easy to make, and your kids will love spending hours of family time together crafting and adventuring with one another! Colored Paper Brown Paper Bag Sharpie Craft Glue Pencil Scissors Try out some extra fun details such as googly eyes or colored felt sheets on the tail and belly to make your Paper Bag Monkey Puppet extra soft! If you need more things to do with your zoo loving littles try out some of these other activities! My family loves nothing more than to laugh together, we are always cracking jokes to bring a smile to one another’s faces! These 200 Zoo Jokes for Kids are sure to make your family roll over on the floor belly laughing! Your family will be monkeying around with silly jokes for hours! For a fun filled monkey themed day think of trying out this delicious and easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread as well! My kids just love when we do activities with full themes, and I do too! I think it really keeps a smile on everyone’s faces! Try out this delicious recipe and see what kind of extra fun it adds on to your family’s day!"
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Brown Paper Bag
Select 2 or three different shades of brown colored craft paper for the Paper Bag Monkey Puppet Craft. The template at the bottom will include: head shape, face shape, outer ears, inner ear pieces, tail, belly, hair and blush patterns. Trace the tail, head, hair, and outer ears on the darker shade of brown paper, trace the face and the belly patterns on the lighter shade of brown paper, trace the inner ear pieces, and the blush patterns on the pink paper. Cut out the traced patterns nicely.
Attach the inner ear pieces on the outer ear patterns. Attach the hair cutout on the top side of the head pattern.
Attach the ear patterns on the top side of the head pattern, on both sides of the hair.
Attach the face cutout in the middle of the head pattern.
Attach the eyes and the blush cutouts on the face part of the head pattern.
Use a sharpie to draw the mouth and the nose of the Paper Bag Monkey.
Select a brown paper bag and cut out a piece of the darker shade of brown paper to cover the front side of the paper bag (either side can be the front).
Attach the cut out paper on the paper bag; this will become the front side of the Paper Bag Monkey Puppet.
Attach the tail on either side of the paper bag. Attach the belly cutout near the closed side of the bag, keeping the round edge inside.
Attach the head pattern on the bottom side of the paper bag and flatten the head down with the front side of the puppet to complete the puppet craft.
Read NextLavender Mason Jar Candles
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Lavender Mason Jar Candles
- Easy Crochet Casserole Cozy
- DIY Easy Floating Flower Candles
- Themed Party Ideas You Wish You Thought Of
- Make Your Own Cupcake Stand
- 29 Ideas for Girls Night In
- Recycled Book Page Envelopes
- 10 Fun Girls Night Out Ideas
- How to Mix Cocktails and Cocktail Party Ideas
- 15 Thank You Gifts and Hostess Gift Ideas To Show Your Gratitude
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Extended Half Double Crochets
- Printable Rainbow Templates
- Easy Chunky Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Valentine’s Day Snow Globe
- Heart Suncatcher
- Diy Valentine's Day Shaker Cards
- Printable Zentangle Heart Coloring Page
- Easy Crochet Filet Blanket
- St Patrick’s Day Gnomes Coloring Pages
- Rose Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts