29 Ideas for Girls Night In
From at home spa treatments to a book exchange party, you're going to have a fantastic girls night in!
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Sometimes you just need to spend the night in with your girlfriends. Dressing up and going out is just too much effort sometimes when you'd rather relax in comfortable clothes. Wanting to stay home doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice spending time with your best friends! With our collection of 29 Ideas for Girls Night In, you will have the time of your life in the comfort of your own home surrounded by your besties. From a spa day at home to a book swap party, your girls night in is going to be the best night of the week!
Along with ideas for a girls night in, we have included lists of crafts to make with your friends in each section. If you are having a DIY spa, we've provided recipes for facial scrubs. If you want to have a cocktail or wine tasting party, we have cocktail recipes! Spending time with friends gets harder and harder as you grow older because of growing families and added responsibilities. We are here to say that you need to catch up with your girlfriends and have a girls night in doing things that will relax you and rejuvenate you for the coming week.
If you like these girls night in ideas, you'll LOVE our collection of 10 Fun Girls Night Out Ideas
Girls Night In Ideas
Spa Day at Home
One of the best ways to spend time with your girlfriends is to treat yourselves. Spending the day with some at home spa treatments will rejuvenate all of you and it's the perfect excuse for not doing anything (because, hello, you can't do anything after you've had a facial). Have a luxurious day making a DIY spa in your own home and catching up with your besties.
Gather the ingredients for some soothing scrubs and hair masks that you know your friends will love to use. You will have so much fun making the scrubs together and making your skin and hair soft and smooth again.
Book Exchange Party
Take a good, hard look at your bookshelf. It's completely overflowing, isn't it? There are books that you will never read again and books that you keep saying you'll read and you never will. Turn those books that are taking up space into books you actually want to read. Host a book exchange party with your bookworm friends and have fun with some literary-themed crafts too!
If some of the books aren't chosen or everyone is in agreement that the book is terrible, then you can make some fun recycled book crafts together. Even if the story itself is bad, it can still make some beautiful book art!
Going to a BYOB painting studio is a lot of fun, but it is very expensive. Host your own painting night in your home for your girls night in. You can make beautiful DIY wall art to hang in your home or to give to a friend who has just moved into a new house.
It will be easy to ask your friends to bring their own canvases and you can provide the paint for the project you make together. It will be such a fun girls night in when you make something to decorate your home together.
Clothing Swap Party
Just like your bookshelf, your closet and dresser are full to bursting with clothes you barely wear. Instead of just donating everything to a thrift store, get together with the girls and trade your old clothes for the clothes you've admired on your best friends.
Have everyone bring a bag or two of clothes they don't want anymore. Spread everything out in the living room or on a bunch of tables. Everyone will sift through the piles and take what they want. You could even have a fashion show of what people choose!
Then, after everything has been picked through and if there are clothes left, donate everything else to a thrift store instead of throwing it all away.
If you don't want to clean out your closet yet, or if you need ideas on how to mend clothes you chose from the piles, check out some of these wearable craft ideas!
Wine Tasting and Cocktail Tasting Party Recipes
Sometimes all you need is to get together with your best girlfriends and drink some wine. Your lives are busy and chaotic with jobs, children, grandchildren, and sometimes everything just goes wrong. What you need is a good stiff drink, some delicious snacks, and time to spend with your friends to talk to all out together.
Have everyone bring a favorite wine to share or decide on cocktail recipes to make together. Then you can provide little finger foods to nosh on while you catch up on everything that's been going on in your lives. Have fun trying new wines and drinks!
Calling all anglophiles and Downton Abbey lovers! Get out your teacups and find out How to Host a Tea Party
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Bright and Colorful Gumdrop Wreath
- Confetti Vases and Jars
- How to a Host a Fizzlin' DIY Bath Bomb Party
- SuperHero Comic Book Magnets
- Themed Party Ideas You Wish You Thought Of
- 20 Sweet DIY Candy Decorations
- 15 Thank You Gifts and Hostess Gift Ideas To Show Your Gratitude
- DIY Frozen-Inspired Melted Olaf Water Bottles
- Marvelous Unicorn Sugar Scrub Recipe
- When Should I Bring a Hostess Gift? + 10 Best Hostess Gifts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Snowman Hat Centerpiece
- Easy Christmas Napkin Ring
- Snowman Christmas Dog Bandana And Headband
- Popsicle Stick Catapult Snowball Fight Stem Activity
- Easy Polymer Clay Candy Ornaments
- Diy Peppermint Candy Slime Recipe
- Super Easy 3d Marshmallow Polar Bear Craft
- Gumdrop Christmas Tree Challenge
- Free Hand-drawn Christmas Coloring Pages
- Cotton Ball Polar Bear Craft
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts