- see all comments
"This is really cute. I like how the pom poms add a little touch of color and pep to the wreath without overwhelming the natural look of the pine cones."
"Love it, will try to make"
"This idea is just too cute! I have never worked with Shrinky Dink before but after seeing this, I may just try it out. Her tutorial makes it look so easy!"
"Halloween is myfavorite holiday.. I'm 43 and dress up every year"
Snowman Mason Jar Candle
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Click here to view your Holiday Projects.
Get ready to be adorable when you make this Snowman Mason Jar Candle. With this DIY project, you can create you own DIY candle that you can make any scent you want and like! Plus, this snow man craft makes the perfect holiday DIY gift for that friend that loves candles. Make it extra special by making them their very own unique scented one. If you have never made a candle before this video tutorial will show you that it is a super easy task to do!
Add a little bit of heaven to your next candle craft when you make this super fun DIY candle holder: DIY Angel Candle Holder
Time to CompleteIn an evening
MaterialsCandle Wax, Paint
Project TypeMake a Project
- Sixteen Ounce Jar
- Four Cups Soy Wax Flakes (32 ounces)
- 2 ounces Fragrance Oil Of Your Choice
- Waxed Candle Wick
- Single Stove Burner
- Large Pot
- Large Glass Measuring Bowl
- Twine String
- Color Of Your choice Chalky Finish Paint
- Acrylic Paint In White, Black, Pink, and Orange
- Paintbrushes/ Large Pouncer
Snowman Mason Jar Candle
How to Paint Your Mason Jar
Paint your mason jar in your chalky finish color. The chalky finish helps so that you do not have to prep your surface at all. Be sure to apply one to two coats of paint so that it is opaue.
Allow that to dry completely.
Then, with your large pouncer create the head of the snowman with white paint on the bottom of the jar.
While that is still wet add rosy cheeks with the same pouncer and pink paint. Allow to dry.
Now add a big carrot nose on the top of the snowman, and a nice dot smile with the black paint.
Now paint a snowflake above the snowman's head and dot snowflakes all around the jar. using the back of your paint brush. Allow to dry.
How to Make the DIY Candle
On medium-high heat place your glass measuring cup into the large pot and fill the pot with water.
Add your four cups of wax flakes to the measuring cup and allow to melt.
Once your wax has melted remove it from the heat and let it cool down a bit before adding your fragrance oil.
Take a small spoon of wax and drip it into the bottom of your jar and secure the wick onto the hardening wax.
Once you've poured your oil into the wax, give it a quick stir and slowly pour it into the jar, using a clothespin if needed to secure the wick.
Allow the candle to harden for several hours and then snip off the top of the wick so it is a reasonable size for the candle.
Want another fun snowman craft to make? Try this flower pot snowman design that is sure to get your kids excited: Decorative Flower Pot Snowman
Read NextDIY Angel Ornament
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sep 22, 2018
When I first noticed this project I thought it would just be for the painted jar. What a nice surprise to see that it includes the instructions for making the scented candles as well. I havent heard of a pouncer. Maybe someone here can let me know what a large pouncer is?
Jan 05, 2018
This is a really cute gift idea. Thank you for sharing this video! I have never made candles before, and your video makes it look so easy. I always thought it would be much more complicated. And the painted snowman on the jar is way too adorable! )
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
These cute little Fabric Flowers will make a great accent piece for your Valentine's Day presents this year. Using some left over… Continue reading: "Fabric Flowers"
- DIY Angel Ornament
- DIY Frosty the Snowman Ornament
- Owl Ornaments
- Fabulous Toilet Paper Rolls Wreath
- Pom Pom Pine Cone Christmas Wreath
- Gorgeous Decorative Paper Wreath
- Fabric Fill Ornament
- Wooden Peppermint Stick Artificial Candles
- Recycled Book Page Ball Ornament
- Unique Tinsel Garland Homemade Ornaments
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Printable Hello Spring Coloring Page
- Egg-scellent Easter Egg Coloring Pages
- Fun Bee Coloring Pages
- Fun Easter Coloring Pages
- Colorful Crochet Easter Eggs
- Free Mother’s Day Cards For Kids: Fantastic 3d Coloring Fun And More
- Paper Easter Basket Craft
- Easter Chick Gift Bag
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts