The Essential Guide to the Best Holiday Recipes & Crafts: 20 Ideas for a DIY Christmas, Thanksgiving, & Halloween
- see all comments
"This is really cute. I like how the pom poms add a little touch of color and pep to the wreath without overwhelming the natural look of the pine cones."
"Love it, will try to make"
"This idea is just too cute! I have never worked with Shrinky Dink before but after seeing this, I may just try it out. Her tutorial makes it look so easy!"
"Halloween is myfavorite holiday.. I'm 43 and dress up every year"
Perfect Pom Pom DIY Bookmarks
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Click here to view your Holiday Projects.
Who would have thought that making DIY pom poms could yield the perfect gift for friends and family? You can make these Perfect Pom Pom DIY Bookmarks in their favorite colors, and you'll have a customized gift that can be used over and over again. Learning how to make pom poms is so much fun, and before you know it, you'll have a whole army of these cute little bookmarks. The secret to making the DIY yarn pom poms is using a fork, and you will have flawless pom poms every time! Who knew?
This Christmas, avoid giving another generic gift by making one of the projects from this collection! People love homemade gifts because it makes them feel like extra thought has been put into their gift: 20 DIY Stocking Stuffers: Great Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- RED HEART Super Saver: 1 skein 512 Turqua, 400 Grey Heather, or 784 Bonbon Print
- Measuring tape
- Dinner fork or large salad fork
- Small scissors that will cut yarn
Cut 2 pieces of yarn, each 36” (91.4 cm) long. Be careful not to pull the yarn tight or your pieces will be too short.
Place the center of the 2 pieces of yarn in between the center of your fork points, so that half is in front of the fork, and half is in back.
Pull a lot of yarn out of your skein! Take the end of the yarn that is still attached to the skein and place it through the same spot in the fork, letting the end hang down as long as the other ends.
Hold onto your fork with one hand, holding all the yarn ends (there are 5) as well. The yarn that is still attached to the skein should not be in your hand. Take that yarn and wrap it around the fork 30 to 50 times.
Cut the end of the yarn so that it is as long as the rest of the ends.
Take the ends of the yarn (there are 3 in front of the fork and 3 in back) and tie them very tightly around the wrapped yarn on your fork. You may need a grown-up’s help to get the knot tight. Then slide the yarn off the fork.
To make the pompom, hold onto the 6 long ends of yarn, and cut through all the loops, being careful not to cut the 6 long ends. If you want a little puff instead of a pompom, then don’t cut the loops!
Trim the pompom to make it even.
Place the pompom in the clip of a clipboard, or have a friend hold it. Holding 2 pieces of yarn for each strand, braid the ends together. When you are done with your braid, tie a knot in the end and trim.
It seems like some people have everything, or you just can't think of anything good to give them! With our guide, you will know how to give the best gifts and have many DIY gift ideas from which to choose: How to Give the Best Gifts + 15 DIY Gift Ideas
Read NextWarm and Merry Neighbor Gifts
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Aug 10, 2018
Here's my little stocking stuffer project for Christmas! I will probably have to include a note telling what they are to be used for, if I don't put them in a book, but this looks like a great little gift for big people and little people alike. I need to make at least a dozen!
May 19, 2018
I am in love with my pom poms however I have not found the perfect use for them not until now. Now I need to make others with the long ends because I made the first ones without. Mix up the yarn colours and create something fun that will make a fun gift for your bookworm friends.
Dec 23, 2016
What a simple, yet effective idea! You can't go wrong with pom poms. They're so fun and whimsical.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
DIY Country Coasters
Still Mason jar crazy? These DIY Country Coasters are for you. Use some scrap wood from your yard to try this easy wood project.… Continue reading: "DIY Country Coasters"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beautiful Day Triangular Shawl Crochet Pattern
- 7 Cool Ways To Decorate Easter Eggs
- Free Printable April Coloring Pages
- Printable Big Flower Coloring Pages
- Printable Candy Dice Game For Easter
- Fun Easter Sensory Bin For Toddlers And Preschoolers
- Cute Paper Plate Chick Craft For Kids
- Free Printable Earth Day Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Diy Minecraft Tnt
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts