We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Holiday Greetings includes four cheerful and easy plastic canvas projects that will ensure that your home is the most festive one on the block. This book of patterns from Leisure Arts contains tutorials for Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
To develop this collection, Leisure Arts teamed up with Herrschners, Inc., a craft manufacturer based in Wisconsin. Herrschners, Inc. specializes in products for knitting, crochet, embroidery, cross stitch, and needlework, and it shows. These delightful patterns are whimsical, intricate, and so much fun to make!
Although these pieces of home decor are highly detailed, they aren't as difficult as they appear. With the help of full-color photos, simple instructions, color keys, and charts, beginners can create these holiday inspired signs. Every design is worked on 7-mesh plastic canvas using worsted weight yarn. Projects include:
- Happy Easter (pictured)
- Trick or Treat
- Give Thanks (pictured)
- Merry Christmas
The most elaborate project in the book is Trick or Treat, a sign that is equal parts spooky and sweet. Every letter features one Halloween icon, such as ghosts, witches, black cats, jack-o'-lanterns, candy corn, and crescent moons. To top it all off, even the background has an eerie touch–a few strands of black thread and you have an instant spiderweb!
As much as I like the Trick or Treat project, Merry Christmas has to be my favorite design. Similar to Trick or Treat, this pattern incorporates Christmas staples like ornaments, stockings, bells, and strings of lights–there's even a gingerbread house! The C in Christmas cradles an adorable snowman while the T is a Christmas tree. Add snowflakes, gift boxes, and bows to the mix, and you've crammed a whole lot of holiday spirit into one plastic canvas project!
If you're looking for an entertaining way to celebrate your favorite holidays, check out Holiday Greetings. These plastic canvas patterns are a great way to pass the time, and once you're finished, you'll have a fabulous sign to hang on your door or wall.
BONUS! Enter to win a copy of Holiday Greetings here. Contest ends 5/17/15.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Pom-Poms! 25 Awesomely Fluffy Projects
- Adventures in Pompom Land
- Christmas Magic: Decorative Ideas for Winter and Yuletide Patchwork
- Embroidery: 35 Projects to Decorate, Celebrate, and Embellish
- Sweet Confections: Beautiful Candy to Make at Home
- Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays: 30+ Seasonal Patchwork Projects to Piece, Stitch, and Love
- Packaging Your Crafts
- One Painting a Day
- Sew Merry and Bright: 21 Easy, Fun, and Festive Patterns
- Enter to win Adult Coloring Books!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Halloween Applique Crochet Bunting Garland
- Greeting From My Gnome And Dollar Tree
- Journey Through The Stones Crochet Shawl
- Halloween Spider Treats
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Free Printable Halloween Word Scramble For Kids
- Printable Halloween Gift Tags
- 40+ Witchy Crafts to Make This Halloween
- Crochet Witch Hat Pattern
- Pinwheel Crochet Swirl Doily
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts