This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Wash A Skein Of Yarn Before Using
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"When I buy yarn at a garage sale or thrift store, I always wash it before adding to my stash, and I’m going to show you how to easily wash a skein of yarn before using it using your washing machine. It’s also a great way to soften up Red Heart Super Saver so it’s easier on your hands before crocheting or knitting (or working needlepoint) with it. You will need a mesh lingerie bag, and a washing machine – and I’m also using my dryer, but you could set out to dry as well. If you don't have a mesh bag, I’ve heard you can place your yarn in pantyhose (though I've not tried myself). I do not recommend a pillowcase because it will really make your yarn pill. Not all yarns can be machine washed so I recommend checking the washing instructions on your yarn. I have followed this machine washing and drying process as shown with Red Heart Super Saver, Bernat Blanket Yarn, Caron One Pound, Bernat Super Value, and Lily Sugar n Cream with no issues. Video tutorial included too!"
- Mesh Lingerie Bag
- Washing Machine
- Dryer (optional)
Read NextDollar Store DIY Storage Containers
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"Handmade holidays are so much fun. Here I am sharing a cute little pattern for Crochet Star Ornament. These simple Crochet Christmas… Continue reading: "Crochet Christmas Star Ornament"
- Dollar Store DIY Storage Containers
- DIY Colander Planter
- Upcycled Faucet Planter
- Vintage Log Cabin Birdhouse
- Genius Washi Tape Organizer
- Scrap Fabric Butterflies
- Cat Lover's Paint Chip DIY Bookmarks
- How To Make A Crystal Rain Drop Sun Catcher
- How to Make a Pallet Garden
- How To Make A Hair Clip Holder
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Acorn Wreath
- How To Grow A Tree From A Pine Cone
- Pintable Halloween Wall Art
- Easy To Make Pumpkin Stretch Crochet Blanket
- How To Make Shrinky Dink Earrings For Halloween
- Make Woven Spider Web Magnets For Halloween Front Door Decor
- Crochet Black Cat Granny Square
- Easy Origami Corner Bookmarks
- Paper Bag Book Cover
- Paper Plate Spider
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts