Mom's Just Rosy Top
Flowers grow, and so do children. Remind your mom she grew you well with this great homemade Mother's Day gift idea, the Mom's Just Rosy Top. Pink posies grow in this cool t-shirt design from ILovetoCreate. All you need to tend these blossoms is some paint, a tee, and a DIY spirit. Follow the easy steps in this tutorial to create whimsical clothing your mom will love to wear when she's with you. Remind your mom she's beautiful by giving her this beautiful gift to wear.
- Tulip® One-Step Pink Dye®
- Tulip® Dimensional Fabric Paint
- Paintbrush, ¾”-1” flat
- White 100% cotton tee, fitted or plain
- Disposable plastic container
- Cardboard insert
- Machine wash tee in cool water with a little soap. Dry and press with iron.
- Insert cardboard between layers of tee to prevent dye seepage.
- Prepare pink Tulip One-Step Dye as directed and pour some into disposable plastic container.
- Refer to photo for placement of flowers and dip paintbrush into dye and brush three irregular shapes for flowers. Let dye set for 6-8 hours.
- Machine wash tee with a little soap, rinse, dry and press.
- Insert cardboard between layers of tee to prevent paint seepage.
- Draw irregular shaped petals on the pink spots using the Pink dimensional paint. Refer to photo below.
- Use Black Slick dimensional paint to make dots in flower centers and irregular, wonky stems from the flower to bottom of tee. Let dry.
- Slip “Mom” pattern (below) under tee, position over the posies and trace over word using the Black dimensional paint. Let dry thoroughly.
Read NextSew Loved Embroidery Pillow