This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The Essential Guide to the Best Holiday Recipes & Crafts: 20 Ideas for a DIY Christmas, Thanksgiving, & Halloween
Recycled Laundry Pods Container Ghost
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"This adorable recycled ghost is the perfect Halloween decoration to add to your collection this year. Use your old laundry detergent container, take the label off, paint it white if it isn't already, and apply the template to it to make a fun ghost decoration. With only a few materials needed, this craft is great for an afternoon craft with your kids. Make the craft even better by making multiple ghosts to put out all together."
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- 1 empty tide pods or other brand container
- Ghost template
- Printer paper OR 8.5×11 blank adhesive label OR black adhesive vinyl
- Liquid glue (if not using adhesive)
- Scissors (if not using a cutting machine)
Remove the label from the laundry pods container by soaking in hot water, scraping, and then using GooGone to remove completely. You can also use a heat gun to warm the label but the ease of this option varies based on the brand. For instance, I found using a heat gun to be easy on Gain containers but difficult on Tide containers.
Remove the top from the container and discard.
Print template and cut.
Apply the template to the side of the container.
Read NextMason Jar Lid Pumpkins
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Mason Jar Lid Pumpkins
- Halloween Ribbon Brooches
- Witch Pumpkin Candy Holder
- Frankenstein Bookmark and Wall Art Printables
- Rolled Paper Flower Pumpkin
- Plastic Cup Halloween Bat Craft
- "Go Green" for Halloween: 25+ Halloween Recycling Crafts
- Trick Or Treat Yourself Lip Care Set
- DIY Glitter Glam Pumpkins
- Diy Fun Printable Halloween Coloring Book
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- Learn How To Make A Simple Crochet Scarf
- Free Printable Camping Scavenger Hunt For Kids And Adults
- Fun And Free Printable Summer Reading Bingo Challenge
- Toilet Paper Roll Moose
- Easy Double Thick Textured Crochet Square Potholder
- Patriotic Bandana Wreath
- Paper Bag Monkey Puppet
- Americana Star Placemat Quilt Pattern
- Americana Star Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts