The Essential Guide to the Best Holiday Recipes & Crafts: 20 Ideas for a DIY Christmas, Thanksgiving, & Halloween
"Go Green" for Halloween: 25+ Halloween Recycling Crafts
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
We all love Halloween, but we don't love the waste. That's where upcycled crafts come in. Go Green for Halloween with these 25+ Halloween Recycling Crafts. Not only will these recycled craft ideas help you reduce waste this spooky season, but they'll also help you celebrate without breaking the bank.
It doesn't get much better than that!
This year have the greatest Halloween without any of the guilt! With these recycled decorations and costumes, you're well on your way to a wonderfully sustainable Halloween.
Subscribe to our newsletter for amazing holiday crafts delivered to your inbox!
Table of Contents
Sustainable Halloween Tips
If you're trying to learn how to have an eco-friendly Halloween, here are some simple tips to get you started.
- Purchase locally grown pumpkins to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Choose to carve and compost rather than paint and dispose.
- Make a reusable candy bag.
- Give out candies with recyclable wrappers. Hershey's kisses are a great example!
- Upcycle non-recyclable wrappers into new crafts.
- In addition to the recycled Halloween decor projects in this article, you can also decorate with natural materials. Pine cones, pumpkins, and hay bales are perfect for fall!
- Avoid single-use decorations and opt for pieces you can use year after year.
- Create homemade costumes from household items.
- Get your next costume from a thrift store (and donate it back when you're done!)
- Organize an annual neighborhood costume swap.
Recycled Halloween Crafts for Kids
Halloween craft ideas can be great fall activities for the family. Not only will you be creating cheap Halloween decorations for your home, but you'll also be teaching your children the importance of reducing waste through upcycling. These recycled crafts for kids all embody the essence of reduce, reuse, recycle!
Check out all these free, easy Halloween crafts your whole family can enjoy.
- Scrap Buster Mummy Treats
- Upcycled Halloween Kids Craft
- Egg Carton Jack O' Lanterns
- Halloween Bat Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Tin Can Frankenstein Monster
- Juice Box Jack O'Lantern
- Popsicle Stick Spider Web
- DIY Halloween Mummy Candy Tubes
- Kooky Colorful Bread Tag Monsters
- Easy Paper Plate Mummy
- Adorable Kid-Made Halloween Bags
- Mummy Pencil Holder
Eco-Friendly Halloween Decorations
Who knew that some of the cutest Halloween decorations would actually be Halloween recycling crafts? As it turns out, discarded items make for pretty awesome festive home decor.
Find ideas for eco-friendly decorating with these free recycled craft tutorials! You can learn how to make Halloween decorations that are low-budget, eco-friendly, and a lot of fun to create. Browse our collection and find the decorative recycled crafts that will best suit your home.
- Halloween Mason Jar Ring Wreath
- Candy Corn Vases
- DIY Scrap Fabric Fall Pumpkins with Homemade Stems
- Halloween Painted Mason Jars
- Upcycled Spooky DIY Halloween Centerpiece
- Repurposed Wood Shutters for Halloween
- Toilet Paper Roll Candy DIY Garland
- Thrift Store Tote Pumpkin Planter
- Ceiling Fan Blade Halloween Ghost And Pumpkin
- Painted Pumpkin Recycled Bottle Craft
- Recycled Book Halloween Decoration
- Vintage Halloween Bandana DIY Pumpkin
- Light Bulb Potion Bottle
- Mixed Media Halloween Wine Bottles
Throwing a Halloween party? Find the best collection of projects with these "9 Halloween Crafts and Halloween Recipes for Parties" eBook
Costumes Made Out of Recycled Materials
No need to go out and spend your money on a store-bought costume. This year you can make trick or treating budget-friendly by creating costumes from repurposed materials.
Before you go door to door this Halloween, make sure you have the proper gear. Take a look at our collection of recycled Halloween costume ideas for inspiration.
Spooky DIY Halloween Lanterns
It's time to light up the night! Just when you thought you'd seen every brilliant recycled luminary idea, here's a list of a few more festive finds for Halloween. Display these cool-looking luminaries that are also eco-friendly. All of the Halloween recycling crafts in this section make use of things that you probably have lying around your house that otherwise would go to waste.
Add a little spookiness to your house this month with our fantastic ideas for recycled crafts that glow.
If you need more Halloween decoration inspiration, check out these: 17 Halloween Decoration Ideas
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
If you are looking for DIY winter crafts to brighten up your home, check out the Shimmering Winter Mason Jar Lanterns tutorial. These… Continue reading: "Shimmering Winter Mason Jar Lanterns"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Hanukkah Advent Calendar
- Pom Pom Hanukkah Garland Craft
- Christmas Craft For Kids – Rudolph Puppets
- Easy No-Sew Face Masks
- Pumpkin Spice Doily Potholder
- Printable Fall Coloring Pages
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Fall Simmering Potpourri Recipe
- Printable Halloween Word Search
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts