All-American Mason Jars
Show off your sense for style when you adorn your backyard with these patriotic All-American Mason Jars. This is one summer craft idea that is perfect for the Fourth of July. You can line your front or back yard with these fun and festive mason jars all summer long. Get started on your summer with this simple Fourth of July craft. You'll have fun making them, and enjoy showing off your patriotic spirit.
- Plaid Hot Glue Gun Helpers
- FolkArt Enamels - Calypso Sky, 2 oz.
- FolkArt Enamels Mediums - Flow Medium, 2 oz.
- FolkArt Acrylic Colors - Brilliant Blue, 2 oz.
- Mod Podge Gloss, 8 oz.
- Recycled Jar
- Paper towel
- Medium paintbrush
- Detail paintbrush
- Old book pages
- Wood stars
- Hot glue
- Remove the label from the jar. Wipe the jar clean with rubbing alcohol.
- Blend equal parts of calypso sky and flow medium. Paint the jar with the mixture. Allow to dry and paint a second coat.
- Cut random sized stars from old book pages. Working on the outside of the jar, apply a coat of Mod Podge to the jar, position the stars onto the jar, top-coat with a layer of Mod Podge. Add stars until the jar is covered. Allow to dry.
- Paint a star with brilliant blue paint.
- Using hot glue attach a ribbon around the jar and glue stars to the ribbon.
Project Tip: Soak the jars in soapy water overnight to remove the labels and glue.
Read NextFourth of July Clothespin Wreath