9 Fall Crafts and Fall Decorating Ideas
- see all comments
"This is really cute. I like how the pom poms add a little touch of color and pep to the wreath without overwhelming the natural look of the pine cones."
"Love it, will try to make"
"This idea is just too cute! I have never worked with Shrinky Dink before but after seeing this, I may just try it out. Her tutorial makes it look so easy!"
"Halloween is myfavorite holiday.. I'm 43 and dress up every year"
Thrifty Rustic DIY Fall Wreath
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Click here to view your Holiday Projects.
Forget spending lots of money on DIY rustic decor when you can make your own and have it look just as lovely. Make your own Thrifty Rustic DIY Fall Wreath from fun, fluffy burlap and hang it over the mantle for a gorgeous focal point. In colors inspired by nature, the burlap rosettes offer texture and interest for DIY home decor that looks stand-alone fabulous or can be easily embellished to suit any occasion. Once you hang this DIY rustic home decor in your house, everything will feel much more quaint.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
MaterialsCraft Foam, Fabric
- Aleene's Tacky Double-Stick Sheets
- 20" square foam board
- Burlap (white, beige, red, brown - 1/2 yard each)
Cut foam board into a 20-inch circle.
Cut a second circle from foam board circle to create a 6-inch wide wreath form.
Cut burlap into circles: (6) 8-inch circles of white burlap for large rosettes, (12) 6-inch circles of beige burlap, (12) 6-inch circles of red burlap, (12) 6-inch circles of brown burlap.
Cut Double-Stick Sheets into circles: (6) 4-inch for large rosettes, (36) 2 1/2 inch
Cut circle of burlap into a 1-inch spiral from the edge of the fabric to the center.
Peel away liner on Double-Stick circle, exposing adhesive.
Press one edge of the fabric onto the adhesive, going around the edge of the circle, gathering the burlap with fingers and continuin in a spiral to the center of the circle. Press firmly with fingers to ensure it has adhered.
Create six 6-inch rosettes with white burlap on six 6-inch Double-Stick circles. Create 36 4-inch rosettes with the beige, red, and brown 4-inch circles.
Lay all the burlap rosettes on the wreath form for placement
Peel off liner from each rosette and adhere to the wreath form.
Use stapler in the center of each rosette to reinforce the adhesive.
This wreath would look lovely for Thanksgiving! Throw an elegant Thanksgiving meal for your family and friends with inspiration from these table setting ideas: Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas and Crafts
NotesWreath uses 4 packs of Tacky Double-Stick Sheets.
Read NextPretty Pumpkins from Dryer Vents
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Oct 27, 2016
As lovely as the Rustic DIY wreath looks I would have really appreciated some step out pictures. I am not sure I understand how to make each floral. But it definitely is a beautiful looking wreath. And where does one find the burlap in different colors? And if I dont have those Aleene sheets is there another way to make the florettes.
Jul 25, 2018
I do a lot of substituting when it comes to things like this. I suspect any fabric would work in place of burlap but if you want the same effect, you could tease the cut edges. As far as Alene's tacky pages, I don't know, but why not try tacky glue or double sided tape, then use the stapler to make it stay?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Finger Knit Wreath
If you have always wanted to learn how to finger knit, this is the perfect DIY wreath for you to start with. Celebrate the coming of… Continue reading: "Finger Knit Wreath"
- Pretty Pumpkins from Dryer Vents
- Thrifty Rustic DIY Fall Wreath
- Rustic Rooster Kitchen Craft
- Glistening Glitter Wine Bottle Vases
- Rustic Burlap Table Runner
- DIY 5-Minute Rustic Wreath
- DIY Rustic Fall Wreath
- Subtle Elegance Pillar Candle Holders
- Beginner Fabric Pumpkin Tutorial
- Fun Fall Coffee Filter Wreath
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beautiful Day Triangular Shawl Crochet Pattern
- 7 Cool Ways To Decorate Easter Eggs
- Free Printable April Coloring Pages
- Printable Big Flower Coloring Pages
- Printable Candy Dice Game For Easter
- Fun Easter Sensory Bin For Toddlers And Preschoolers
- Cute Paper Plate Chick Craft For Kids
- Free Printable Earth Day Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Diy Minecraft Tnt
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts