This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How to Remove Whites & Yolk Without Cracking The Shell
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
"Did you know that if you remove the egg yolk and white from the egg before you decorate it will preserve it for years to come. After shaking the egg vigorously to bread the yoke inside you use a needle to poke a hole on either end, larger on the bottom and the blow the contents out."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Large Sewing Needle
- Masking Tape
- Small Bowl
Preserve Easter Eggs by Removing the Egg Yolk
How to Remove the Egg Yolk
Shake egg for 3 to 5 minutes first to break yolk inside
Add some masking tape to end of needle for a grip
Poke a small hole in the top of the egg
Poke a slightly larger hole in the bottom of the egg.
Blow air through top hole and contents will come out of bottom hole
NotesIf you have troubles - enlarge the holes with a tooth pick and insert tooth pick and shake the egg some more to burst the yolk. If its not coming out its either too small of holes or yolk isn't broken.
Read NextBig Ol' Twine Easter Eggs
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you want a fun way to decorate your composition notebooks for school, then you'll love these Groovy Notebook Cover Printables. All… Continue reading: "Groovy Notebook Cover Printables"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy And Simple Crochet Table Runner Pattern
- Cute Butterfly Craft For Kids
- How is Hanukkah Celebrated?
- Easiest Crochet Blanket Pattern With V Stitch
- Easy School Bus Craft
- Solid Double Crochet Spiral Circle
- How To Knit Through The Back Loop
- How To Knit A Long Tail Cast On Photo Tutorial
- How To Wash A Skein Of Yarn Before Using
- Endless Summer Afghan Square
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts