Wooden Decorative Easter Blocks
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Turn small wood plaques into adorable Easter decorations with paint, scrapbook paper, embellishments and a little imagination! If you are looking for a fun way to add a homemade touch to your Easter celebration, then these Wooden Decorative Easter Blocks will fit right in. These blocks will be a great conversation starter and all your friends will want to know how you made them. You can complete this project in an evening, so it's great as a last minute addition to your decorations. These decorative wooden blocks can add just the right amount of personality to your home, and they store easy for use in years to come!
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
- wood plaques in various shapes or patterns
- paint in spring colors
- scrapbook paper
- embellishments (ric rack, buttons, flowers, bling, ribbon)
- wood glue
- extra wood blocks for back support
- Cricut die cutting machine
- Robotz Cricut cartridge
- glossy varnish
- brown ink
- ultra fine black sharpie marker
Cut one side of plaque with saw for flat bottom.
Paint plaques in spring colors, set aside to dry.
Use thin white paper or tracing paper to make a pattern indention of the face of your plaque. This will give you the pattern to draw and cut out of various scrapbook paper. Adhere to painted plaques with wood glue.
Cut out letters on Cricut machine using Robotz cartridge. Ink edges, doodle with black marker.
Place letters on blocks and seal with varnish.
Glue small pieces of wood to back of block for extra stability. Some of my blocks were still a little wobbly so I added a piece of felt to bottom. Works great!
Embellish with ric rack, buttons, flowers, ribbon, bling, etc.
Read NextEaster Egg Button Art
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hoppy Easter Shaker Card
- Llama Papercraft
- How To Dye Easter Eggs (the Best Way!)
- Pot Of Gold And Rainbow Papercraft
- Paper Flower Wreath Craft
- Printable I Spy Weather
- Two Row Repeat Quick And Simple Crochet Scarf Pattern
- 4 Ideas For Decorating A Wood Bunny
- How To Make Wooden Spindle Carrots
- Rose Petal Bath Bombs
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts