Wooden Decorative Easter Blocks
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Turn small wood plaques into adorable Easter decorations with paint, scrapbook paper, embellishments and a little imagination! If you are looking for a fun way to add a homemade touch to your Easter celebration, then these Wooden Decorative Easter Blocks will fit right in. These blocks will be a great conversation starter and all your friends will want to know how you made them. You can complete this project in an evening, so it's great as a last minute addition to your decorations. These decorative wooden blocks can add just the right amount of personality to your home, and they store easy for use in years to come!
Estimated Cost: Under $10
Time to complete: In an evening
Primary Technique: Wood Crafts
Difficulty Level: Easy
- wood plaques in various shapes or patterns
- paint in spring colors
- scrapbook paper
- embellishments (ric rack, buttons, flowers, bling, ribbon)
- wood glue
- extra wood blocks for back support
- Cricut die cutting machine
- Robotz Cricut cartridge
- glossy varnish
- brown ink
- ultra fine black sharpie marker
- Cut one side of plaque with saw for flat bottom.
- Paint plaques in spring colors, set aside to dry.
- Use thin white paper or tracing paper to make a pattern indention of the face of your plaque. This will give you the pattern to draw and cut out of various scrapbook paper. Adhere to painted plaques with wood glue.
- Cut out letters on Cricut machine using Robotz cartridge. Ink edges, doodle with black marker.
- Place letters on blocks and seal with varnish.
- Glue small pieces of wood to back of block for extra stability. Some of my blocks were still a little wobbly so I added a piece of felt to bottom. Works great!
- Embellish with ric rack, buttons, flowers, ribbon, bling, etc.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Knockoff Pottery Barn Kids DIY Pillow
- Knockoff Pottery Barn DIY Pillow Covers
- Premier Yarns
- Simple Licorice Clay Craft
- Colorful Candy DIY Garland
- 27 Ideas for How to Make Christmas Decorations That Look Like Candy
- "8 Thanksgiving Crafts for the Home" eBook
- Deborah Norville Everyday Yarn
- Mini Magic Potion Bottle
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts