- see all comments
"This is really cute. I like how the pom poms add a little touch of color and pep to the wreath without overwhelming the natural look of the pine cones."
"Love it, will try to make"
"This idea is just too cute! I have never worked with Shrinky Dink before but after seeing this, I may just try it out. Her tutorial makes it look so easy!"
"Halloween is myfavorite holiday.. I'm 43 and dress up every year"
Junk Mail Ornaments
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Click here to view your Holiday Projects.
Tired of all that junk mail that piles up day after day, especially during the holidays? Make use of it all with the cute and simple Junk Mail Ornaments. Christmas decoration ideas like this are the perfect way to recycle your junk mail during the winter months. Turn something most people consider garbage into a festive holiday decoration. You could even make a few of these homemade Christmas ornaments for holiday gifts as a way to encourage recycled craft options. DIY Christmas crafts make the best memories, so grab the family and make some memories and DIY Christmas ornaments.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
You can never have too many ways to recycled for the holiday! These 23 Christmas Crafts Made from Recycled Materials make perfect gifts or decorations.
JUNK MAIL ART AND OTHER IDEAS
There isn't two words that make people cringe quite the way "junk mail" does. Junk mail is just a fact of life, so if you can't beat it, why not craft with it? There are so many ways to put junk mail to good use. For example, you could lay larger pieces underneath pet dishes and trash cans to catch anything that might have fallen. Then, simply change every so often with a fresh piece. You can also use these large pieces of junk mail to cover books. If you're feeling really crafty, why not cut out certain images that you like and use them for decoupage projects? Cutting junk mail into small pieces is a great way to make your own confetti that doesn't cost a dime - your party guests won't even know the difference! If you come across a particulary interesting piece and want to save it for other crafty uses, set aside a special junk mail basket. Who knows? Maybe one day you'll be able to show off your very own Junk Mail Heart Wreath or even a Jazzy Junk Mail Bracelet. The possibilities are endless!
Read NextBaking Pan Tin Stars
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Nov 18, 2018
I enjoyed making these, but I mostly used my scraps of scrapbook and cardmaking paper. I was able to make them in many color combinations. I will be able to hang them up at other times of the year because I made some in solid colors. I think my favorite one is the one in beach-themed papers!
Apr 10, 2017
That's an interesting way to use up junk mail! Anything that says "Christmas" catches my attention and this one goes on my "to do" list before next Christmas. I would like to hang a few new ornaments on the tree and these go with my all hand made theme. I'm pretty sure I can cut out circles without a circle punch (which I don't have) and this gives me time to watch and save the best junk mail!
Dec 10, 2016
May be good for children to make. I do have junk mail but I was looking for something more original.
achumley0003 31706 34
Nov 08, 2016
I am the biggest pack rat and my house accumulates more paper than the average persons. I don't know why, but junk mail, magazines, kids artwork, etc. are everywhere and I have no where to put all of it. This would be an awesome way to thin some of it out without just throwing it away. And, it is easy enough for the kids to do, so I will defintely try it soon.
Dec 03, 2015
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Shimmering Winter Mason Jar Lanterns
If you are looking for DIY winter crafts to brighten up your home, check out the Shimmering Winter Mason Jar Lanterns tutorial. These… Continue reading: "Shimmering Winter Mason Jar Lanterns"
- Baking Pan Tin Stars
- Decorative Old Time Snow Shoe Craft
- Trash to Treasure Vintage Christmas Tree
- Christmas Glass Jar Luminaries
- Cute as a Button Twine Tree
- Nesting Scallops Christmas Tree
- Pom Pom Pine Cone Christmas Wreath
- Stylish Vintage Map Christmas Origami Star
- Chalky Pine Cone DIY Christmas Wreath
- Burlap and Corn Husk Christmas Ornaments
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable April Coloring Pages
- Printable Big Flower Coloring Pages
- Printable Candy Dice Game For Easter
- Fun Easter Sensory Bin For Toddlers And Preschoolers
- Cute Paper Plate Chick Craft For Kids
- Free Printable Earth Day Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Diy Minecraft Tnt
- Sheep Craft With Craft Sticks
- Foam Dice Chick Craft
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts