Burlap and Button Snowman Christmas Ornament
In our humble opinion, some of the best aspects of winter crafting are winter fabrics and textures. If you feel the same way, the Burlap and Button Snowman Christmas Ornament from Plaid Enterprises is just what you need. Once done, this DIY Christmas ornament will look as cozy as a Christmas sweater and as cute as, well, a button. It couldn't be cheaper or easier to make, either. There's a great chance you've already got much of what you need in your craft drawers. Put together a handful of these and give them out as the sweetest homemade Christmas gifts anyone will see all season long.
- Mod Podge ® Antique Matte, 8 oz.
- Brown plaid fabric
- Glass ball ornament
- Cream buttons.
- Black embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Hot glue
- Cut enough pieces of fabric to cover the ornament.
- With Antique Mod Podge, glue the pieces of fabric to the ornament, overlapping the edges.
- Trim the excess fabric off and apply a top coat of Antique Mod Podge to the entire ornament.
- Cut a 1” x 1 ½” piece of burlap. At the top end of the burlap, stitch the snowman’s hat.
- Hot glue the buttons in place.
- Hot glue the burlap to the ornament.