DIY Dyed Baby Onesies
Any groovy mommy would love to receive a DIY Dyed Baby Onesie at her baby shower. This homemade baby shower gift takes little time. Just follow this tutorial by The Rit Studio. Start with a plain onesie and transform it into the perfect onesie for a future hippie. The bright colors and tye-die look of the Rit dyes creates a psychedelic design. Make your DIY baby onesie unique by adding a stenciled outline of your choice, like a sun. This cute onesie will look adorable on your new little friend.
- White onesie
- Color Perfect Kit in color of your choice (depicted above: Citrus Orange, Enamel Blue, Candy Apple Red and Astro Turf Green)
- Sprayer, included in Color Perfect Kit
- Rit Color Stay Dye Fixative
- Hazel & Ruby Stencil Masks
- Piece of cardboard
- Rubber gloves
- Plastic table cover or newspapers to cover work area
- Cover work area. Insert cardboard inside onesie to prevent bleed through when dyeing.
- Place Hazel & Ruby Stencil Mask of your choice on the onesie where you’d like the pattern to appear.
- Spray Rit Dye over the stencil until you achieve the desired color and level of saturation.
- Spray dyed area with Rit Color Stay Dye Fixative to improve color retention. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove cardboard and stencil mask. Rinse onesie in cold water until the water runs clear. Hand or machine wash with one or two old towels and let dry.
Read NextSweet Dreams Door Hanger