Luck of the Irish Lotto Scratch Tickets
Make someone's lucky day by giving them some of these Luck of the Irish Lotto Scratch Tickets! This easy-to-make St. Patrick's Day craft is great for parties or for the office! Learn how to make your own scratch offs with this simple tutorial from craft designer Maureen Wilson. Once you learn the technique, then you can easily customize your tickets for whatever holiday or occasion you'd like!
- Acrylic paint (metallic)
- Paint brush
- Clear dish soap
- Clear packing tape
- White cardstock
- Free printable tickets
- You’ll need to print off the free lotto tickets (see link in supply list above). Print them on white cardstock.
- Cut out the tickets. Use a pen to write a prize in the box. Then, cover the box with a square of clear packing tape. Press firmly to seal the edges.
- Now we’ll make the foil solution. You’ll need some metallic acrylic paint. You can choose gold, silver, or copper. Pour about a 1/2 tablespoon in a disposable cup. Now add an equal amount of clear dish soap. Mix with a paintbrush.
- Paint over the square on top of the tape. I’ve found it’s easiest to outline the square with paint, and then fill in the center. Don’t worry if you can see the writing beneath; this project requires a second coat.
- Set the tickets aside to dry. Acrylic paint usually dries in about 5 minutes, but this will take longer because of the soap. Expect to wait about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can add lucky pennies to the St. Patrick’s Day tickets. Add a dot of hot glue to the middle of the penny picture, and place a penny on top. Don’t press down, you want the coin to stick but you also want it to come off easily for scratching.
- Once the paint is completely dry, stir your paint solution once more, then paint a second coat. Allow to dry. Now your scratch cards are ready to use!
Read NextLucky to Have You Card