Fa-Boo-Lous Felt Friends
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Get playful this Halloween with these Fa-Boo-Lous-Felt-Friends! These DIY Halloween decorations are cute and creepy, and certainly not too scary for the little ones. These adorable monster crafts are perfect for a Halloween party for the kids. Unlike other Halloween decorations, which can get pretty scary, these felt projects are great for the whole family. Plus, these crafts are easy to make. Even a crafting novice can follow these detailed instructions. Add some kid-friendly decorations to your house this year, and enjoy a happy Halloween.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam: Balls (8”, 1.5”), Block (12” x 6”), Discs: (Three 8” x 1”), Cone (12”)
- Felt: Black, White, Yellow, Pink, Orange, Dark Green and Lime Green
- Buttons: Black and Orange, Assorted Sizes
- Thin Wood Dowel
- Chenille Stem: Black
- Acrylic Paint: Black
- Make It: Fun® Foam Tools
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Serrated Knife
Jack O' Lantern
Cut a small flat spot off the top and bottom of the 8” ball. Cut a small 1” hole about 1” deep in the top of the ball. Use your fingers to press in the foam around the hole to create a rounded slope at the top of the pumpkin.
Cut seven 12” lengths of string. Pin the strings around the pumpkin from top to bottom evenly spaced. Use the tuck tool to press a line along each of the strings from top to bottom. Remove the strings.
Cut the seven pumpkin sections from the orange felt using the template as a guide. Lay a felt section centered over the scribed section on the pumpkin. Use the tuck tool to tuck the edges of the felt into the scribed lines. Alternate tucking the felt on each side of the section to keep the felt smooth. Repeat to cover the rest of the pumpkin.
Cut a triangle shape from the dark green felt about 6” tall and 4” wide at the bottom. Roll the triangle up from the wide end to the point to create the stem. Glue the stem in place. Cut two small leaf shapes and glue them by the stem. Cut two small circles into spirals and glue them by the stem for the vines.
Cut the triangle eyes, nose and mouth from yellow felt. Cut the eyes nose and mouth out slightly smaller from the black felt. Be sure to cut out the notches for the teeth in the black felt. Glue all the parts in place. Glue orange buttons to the eyes.
Glue the three 8” discs together one on top of the other. Cut a 3” flat spot on the bottom of the stacked disc so that the cat can stand on edge. Glue a 3” wide strip of black felt around the outside edge of the disc to completely cover.
Cut two 16” circles from the black felt. Use scissors to cut wide fringe into the edge of the two circles. Cut the fringe about 3” long and about 1” wide. Be sure that both circles have the same number of fringe as they will be paired up and tied together. Sandwich the disc between the two felt circles.
Cut the three pieces of bottom fringe that align with the flat spot at the bottom of the disc to about 1.5”. Glue the fringe flat against the bottom of the disc. This will create a flat surface for the disc to stand on and keep the felt in place as you tie the fringe. Begin tying the front and back fringe together around the disc. Work back and forth from side to side as you tie to keep the felt centered on the disc. You should end at the top of the disc.
Cut out the ears and face parts from the corresponding colors of felt and glue them to the face. When attaching the eyelids, glue just the top curved edge of the lid above the eye. Allow the bottom edge of the lid to curve out and hang free over the eye to add dimension. Glue black buttons to the eyes as shown. Glue a small pleat in the center of the bottom of the ears to give them a shape. Glue the ears to the top of the head about 2” apart.
Cut 2” from the 6” edge of the sheet. Glue this 2” piece to the front of the remaining 10” piece to form an “L” shape.
Cut five 9” x 4” pieces of felt. Cut ¼” fringe about 3.5” long along the 9” edge of each piece. Cut one 9” x 5” piece of felt and cut ¼” fringe about 4.5” long along the 9” edge. Glue this piece across the front of the 2” base and around to the back. Glue the remaining fringed felt layered up the front of the body evenly spaced.
Cut a 9” x 3” piece of felt and cut fringe the same way for the hair. Loosely roll the fringe from 3” edge to 3” edge. Glue the hair to the top of the head.
Cut out the face parts from the black and white felt. Glue the parts in place. Glue large and small buttons to the eyes.
To create the legs and feet, cut the 1.5” ball in half. Paint the two halves black and let dry. Cut two 3.5” lengths of dowel and paint black as well. Glue the dowel into the top rounded side of each ball and set aside.
Cut a triangle from the white felt that is 24” at the base and 13” tall. Glue the felt triangle into a cone shape, overlapping the edges about a ½”. Place the foam cone inside the felt cone. Trim and fold the top of the felt neatly over the top of the foam cone to secure in place.
Wrap black chenille stems around the legs to completely cover. Glue the legs into the bottom of the body about 2” apart.
Cut two small circles for the eyes and a mouth shape of black felt and glue in place. Glue black buttons in the centers of the eyes.
Jack O' Lantern Template
Black Cat Template
Green Monster Template
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Grumpy Cat Painted Pumpkin
- Awesomely Crafty Raven
- Pumpkin Garland Halloween Decoration Idea
- Charm Squares Halloween Pillow
- Halloween Mason Jar Ring Wreath
- Day of the Dead Daisy Planters
- Snake Wrapped Candle Holders
- Cute and Cushy Fabric Pumpkins
- Pottery Barn-Inspired Skull Vases
- Book Page Halloween Wreath
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch
- Granny's Scrappy Placemat
- Puff Stitch Crochet Flower Pattern
- Ruffled Mini Flower Doily
- Free Printable Summer Bucket List Kids
- Crochet Oval Lace Doily
- Front Yard Rock & Succulent Garden
- How To Decorate A Small Porch For 4th Of July
- Nature Inspired Stained Glass Nails
- Easy Candy Sampler Gift Box
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts