Patriotic Crafts: 14 Fourth of July Crafts and Fourth of July Party Ideas
- see all comments
"This is really cute. I like how the pom poms add a little touch of color and pep to the wreath without overwhelming the natural look of the pine cones."
"Love it, will try to make"
"This idea is just too cute! I have never worked with Shrinky Dink before but after seeing this, I may just try it out. Her tutorial makes it look so easy!"
"Halloween is myfavorite holiday.. I'm 43 and dress up every year"
Fireworks Safety Tips + 4th of July Craft Ideas
You can never know too many firework safety tips or have too many 4th of July craft ideas!
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Click here to view your Holiday Projects.
One of the best parts of celebrating the 4th of July is to set off fireworks or to watch the fireworks that your town displays. However, it can be really dangerous particularly if you have young children or people who just don't know what they're doing when they're lighting the fireworks. With our help, you will know all of the best Fireworks Safety Tips and you'll also have a collection of 4th of July craft ideas to keep your guests busy and having fun while still being safely out of the fireworks' way!
Fireworks aren't for everyone; they're loud, dangerous, and they also flash bright lights. If you'd rather spend your July 4th crafting, then we have a list of our ten best 4th of July crafts for you to make, so you can spend your holiday in crafting bliss. Everything is red, white, and blue, of course, so you can decorate your house for the holiday. Your guests won't believe that you made all of your decorations yourself because everything will look so great!
As the 4th of July approaches, check out our collection: 29 Best Summer BBQ Ideas
Fireworks Safety Tips
1. Fireworks Information Center - Consumer Product Safety Commission
2. Fireworks Safety Tips - Straight from the Experts - Pediatric Safety
A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities if you're setting them off at home. Never give fireworks to children.
Alcohol and fireworks don't mix well. Have a designated person light all of the fireworks and supervise the activity.
Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away to a safe area. For extra safety, wear protective glasses when shooting fireworks.
Never relight a "dud" firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water. You never know if it has an extra long fuse and will go off when you get close to it.
Always have a bucket of water and a water hose nearby to put out any fireworks or charged fireworks.
Dispose of used fireworks by wetting them down and place them in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until a day has passed.
Never point or throw fireworks at another person or building.
Be aware of sparklers as well; they can burn hot enough to melt some metals which means they can also cause injuries.
Avoid buying fireworks packaged in brown paper. This is often a sign that the fireworks were designed for professional displays and they could pose a danger to casual consumers.
Fourth of July Craft Ideas
Whether or not you light fireworks at your 4th of July party, it's still going to be a fun time. Make your party a complete success with the help of some of our patriotic crafts. These 4th of July party ideas are going to turn your home into a red, white, and blue masterpiece that will make the neighbors jealous. They won't believe that you made all of these patriotic decorations yourself!
To get your backyard ready for all of your guests this summer, check out our collection: 47 Garden Crafts That Will Make Your Neighbors Jealous
Read NextFourth of July Clothespin Wreath
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
May 20, 2016
I know a few people I should probably print this list out for. Why do fireworks make people make such bad ideas. LOL
May 23, 2016
Maybe there's just something in our genetics that is from the cavemen who first discovered fire and we're just still fascinated by it haha
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Santa's Got Mail Ornament
"Letters to Santa overflow in this polymer clay mailbox. Each element is made of clay and detailed with sketch pens. The entire… Continue reading: "Santa's Got Mail Ornament"
- Fourth of July Clothespin Wreath
- 4th of July Pipe Cleaner Leis
- Purely Patriotic Decoration
- Pretty Patriotic Pinwheel Craft
- Fourth of July Juggling Balls
- Burlap Americana Bunting
- Easy Fourth of July Embroidery Patterns
- Spirited Striped Table Runner
- Patriotic Coffee Filter Blooms
- July 4th Firework Vase
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Egg-scellent Easter Egg Coloring Pages
- Fun Bee Coloring Pages
- Fun Easter Coloring Pages
- Colorful Crochet Easter Eggs
- Free Mother’s Day Cards For Kids: Fantastic 3d Coloring Fun And More
- Paper Easter Basket Craft
- Easter Chick Gift Bag
- Dollar Tree Easter Carrot Wreath
- Easy Crochet Beanie Hat
- Printable St. Patrick's Day Writing Prompt
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts