9 Fall Crafts and Fall Decorating Ideas
- see all comments
"This is really cute. I like how the pom poms add a little touch of color and pep to the wreath without overwhelming the natural look of the pine cones."
"Love it, will try to make"
"This idea is just too cute! I have never worked with Shrinky Dink before but after seeing this, I may just try it out. Her tutorial makes it look so easy!"
"Halloween is myfavorite holiday.. I'm 43 and dress up every year"
Decorative Fall Blocks from Recycled Boxes
We are adding the project to your Holiday Projects.
The project was added to your Holiday Projects.
Click here to view your Holiday Projects.
Wondering how to make fall decorations on a budget? Use old packaging as a base, add some patterned paper and a few accent pieces and voila: a cute fall decoration! Follow these easy steps to make Decorative Fall Blocks from Recycled Boxes!
- 4 empty Cricut cartridge boxes
- 4 brown lunch bags
- 2 12 x 12” pattern paper in fall theme
- FALL letters - 5 1/2”
- Picks and berries
- Homespun fabric - 1” x 36”
- Pop dots
- Hot glue gun
- Wire cutters
1. Cut off bottom portion of brown bag making an opening at top and bottom. Cut bag open where glued together to make it flat. Make into a ball to crunch up to hide the creases from the bag. Smooth out flat.
2. Starting on side of box, wrap brown bag around and adhere with adhesive. For top of box, fold in a “gift” wrapping effect works best. Secure with adhesive or hot glue.
3. Cut one page of pattern paper in 1/2, wrap around center of each box and secure with adhesive.
4. Attach F A L L letters to front of boxes using pop dots.
5. Cut a slit in homespun fabric and rip to give “jagged” or “torn” edges, cut off excess strings. Starting on bottom of box glue homespun fabric around the side bringing 2 ends up to the top to tie.
6. Taking the berries or picks of your choice secure together with wire; hot glue raffia bow and glue to top of box; directly onto fabric. Once glue has dried, tie the homespun fabric into a knot or bow to secure.
7. Arrange the berries on top of boxes into the design desired.
Read NextPretty Pumpkins from Dryer Vents
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jan 24, 2013
I made these for the fall season, one that read "Fall" and one that read "Autumn". they turned out great. I plan to make some for each season for me and my girls and they don't have much room to decorate and these can be placed anywhere, plus their light and don't break when they fall. It is a great idea to use up scraps of ribbon, junk or broken jewelry, decorative papers. I love this craft
Jan 12, 2012
i made one Fall one and one Autumn one and they turned out fabulous, i used all stuff that I had on hand. I had to make two because my daughter saw the Autumn I made first and she wanted one for her apt. I plan on doing these for all seasons. You don't have to match each one. Each of mine were different with the name being the only matching item and they turned out great. Check Facebook, I posted the picture there.
Nov 08, 2011
Fall is my favorite time of year! I'm always looking for ways to make "this out of that" and knew I could do this with old boxes. Since I used the brown bags as the "base" of my box coverings these could be made for any season and changed out once the new season comes along. Thanks for leaving me a comments on this project! Tracy Wellmann designer
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Shimmering Winter Mason Jar Lanterns
If you are looking for DIY winter crafts to brighten up your home, check out the Shimmering Winter Mason Jar Lanterns tutorial. These… Continue reading: "Shimmering Winter Mason Jar Lanterns"
- Pretty Pumpkins from Dryer Vents
- Thrifty Rustic DIY Fall Wreath
- Rustic Rooster Kitchen Craft
- Glistening Glitter Wine Bottle Vases
- Rustic Burlap Table Runner
- DIY 5-Minute Rustic Wreath
- DIY Rustic Fall Wreath
- Subtle Elegance Pillar Candle Holders
- Beginner Fabric Pumpkin Tutorial
- Fun Fall Coffee Filter Wreath
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable April Coloring Pages
- Printable Big Flower Coloring Pages
- Printable Candy Dice Game For Easter
- Fun Easter Sensory Bin For Toddlers And Preschoolers
- Cute Paper Plate Chick Craft For Kids
- Free Printable Earth Day Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Diy Minecraft Tnt
- Sheep Craft With Craft Sticks
- Foam Dice Chick Craft
- 10 Free Flower Tutorials: How to Make Fabric Flowers, Flowers from Paper, and More
- 10 Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Home Decor and Handmade Gifts in a Jar
- 10 Summer Craft Ideas and Garden Crafts for Summer
- DIY Wedding Ideas: 14 Wedding Crafts, DIY Wedding Gifts, and More
- Fun Easter Crafts: 9 Easter Decorating Ideas
- Handmade Wreaths for All Seasons: 14 Wreath Tutorials
- Happy Birthday to You: 8 Handmade Birthday Cards, Birthday Crafts, and Birthday Activities
- How to Make Easter Crafts: 7 Cute Easter Craft Projects
- Mother's Day Crafts: 9 Gift Ideas and Crafts for Mother's Day
- Valentines Day Ideas: 14 Heart Crafts and Cute Valentines Day Crafts