Festive Patchwork Christmas Stocking
Decorate your mantle with this Festive Patchwork Christmas Stocking and make your holiday one to remember! Use this free Christmas stocking pattern and easy-to-follow instructions to create your own version with your favorite fabrics!
- Stocking pattern
- ½ yard fabrics for patchwork
- ½ yard fabric to fuse patchwork
- ½ yard lining (suggested fabric: felt)
- Fusible paper backed webbing
- Optional: trims: fringe, sequins, beads, appliques, etc.
- Sewing tools
- Print pattern. Tape pages together.
- Fuse fusible web to back of fabrics for patchwork.
- Cut patchwork fabric into patches-fuse onto base fabric.
- Cut stocking and cuff pattern from fabric and lining material.
- Place cuff and lining together, right sides.
- Sew bottoms together, turn, press.
- Optional: Sew fringe or other trim along bottom of cuff.
- Starting at front of lining, right sides facing, sew with 1/4” seam around stocking, leave 8” opening in back for turning. Trim seam.
- Starting at front of main fabric, right sides facing, sew with 1/4” seam around stocking, leave 8”opening in back for turning. Trim seam.
- Place top of cuff along top of stocking, cuff lining facing right side of stocking, place top of lining along top of stocking and cuff, right side of lining facing right side of cuff [seam side out] sew across top of stocking.
- Finish sewing back of stocking seam, sewing cuff seams into stocking seam.
- Turn stocking right side out through 8” opening in lining.
- Turn stocking right side out; sew opening.
- Maneuver lining into stocking.
- Embellish as desired.
Read NextGlittery Twine Ball Ornaments