How to Make a Wedding Bouquet
Learning how to make a wedding bouquet can save you so much money when planning a wedding. Cut the cost of the bride and bridesmaid bouquets by learning a new crafting skill; it can help you save hundreds of dollars. Whether you want to use fresh blooms or fake flowers found at the local craft store, this guide will show you simple steps that will take your design in the right direction. If you are creating a bouquet of fresh flowers clear some time the night before, as the bouquet will only stay fresh in the fridge overnight. Fake flowers are even less expensive and can be bound into a bouquet months ahead of schedule; it just depends on your personal wedding style. Something Turquoise has a great tutorial that will demonstrate how to make the Perfectly Unique Floral Bouquet you see pictured, and there are a variety of options below!
What you'll need to create your own bouquet...
- Wedding flowers (fake or real will work for this guide)
- Floral Tape (Waterproof if using real flowers)
- White floral tape (Waterproof if using real flowers)
- Large ribbon in your color or design of your choice.
- Floral Pins
How to create your own bouquet...
- Gather your flowers together and design your bouquet.
- Remove any leaves from stems.
- With your design in mind, begin by gathering the flowers you have chosen for the center of the bouquet.
- Start in the center; use your floral tape (waterproof if you are using real blooms) to connect each flower.
- Work your way out by adding each flower. Connect them with floral tape until you reach the outside of the bouquet.
- Use white tape to wrap the stems of the bouquet and conceal the floral tape
- Use ribbon to wrap up the bouquet; this will create your final look.
- Start at the center of the stems and wrap all the way down. Use floral pins to connect the ribbon.
- Start at the center of the stems and wrap all the way up. Use floral pins to connect the ribbon.
Note: When pinning from the bottom, push in and up, and when pinning from the top, push in and down to secure ribbon and protect the bride from pins.
There are so many different ways to make your own wedding bouquet; the best way to begin this project is to take a look at your options. A whimsical wedding is best served with a whimsical bouquet like this Farmer's Market Bouquet or this Fantasy Fabric Floral Bouquet. Find some inspiration from Green Wedding Shoes; there are so many bouquets to gather inspiration from, like these three ideas:
We have a few more go-to tutorials that you can use while creating your bouquet, including one with a secret water source!
Read NextFantasy Fabric Floral Bouquet